prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

This is absolutely lovely and so well said :hugswhen I was younger, I loved going to church, the harvest festival, alkinds, I was really interested in learning. Until I had a family member who started pushing me, saying if I wasn’t baptised, then later on, if I don’t have the kids baptised, god would spurn us and we would rot in hell for eternity, we would never meet Our Lord, never meet up with loved ones who had passed ☹️ it was quite shocking and I thought…if following god makes you like that, that’s really not for me. A lot has changed since then and I’ve realised that is not the norm. I’ve had a lot of kindness shown to me, the church took my son to Lourdes, and everything since then has been positive, I wouldn’t say I’m 100% there just yet, but I’m getting there. Reading things like this just makes me feel more positive 😊 thank you.
Thank you for this, @Mrs J , I'm glad you were blessed. I hope you have forgiven this family member, as Jesus said, "Father forgive them, for they don't know what they are doing." I'm glad that prayer covers me as well!

I absolutely have, and I’ve come to realise as time has gone by, she was alcohol dependent, so I understand now..it’s not for me to judge her, she has her own battles going on. And part of her recovery is…as long as she has Our Lord, she has hope, Footprints is her favourite. I absolutely get it ❤️ It’s comforting to read this thread, to see all the kindness and love…it does give me hope.

This is absolutely lovely and so well said :hugswhen I was younger, I loved going to church, the harvest festival, alkinds, I was really interested in learning. Until I had a family member who started pushing me, saying if I wasn’t baptised, then later on, if I don’t have the kids baptised, god would spurn us and we would rot in hell for eternity, we would never meet Our Lord, never meet up with loved ones who had passed ☹️ it was quite shocking and I thought…if following god makes you like that, that’s really not for me. A lot has changed since then and I’ve realised that is not the norm. I’ve had a lot of kindness shown to me, the church took my son to Lourdes, and everything since then has been positive, I wouldn’t say I’m 100% there just yet, but I’m getting there. Reading things like this just makes me feel more positive 😊 thank you.
The same has run through my family. Its hard for non-believers to believe if they see a supposed "believer" not living it out. Its a sad reality, really. But then again, a lot of my church members are like family. I do miss a lot of them, since I moved churches this year, but those people have made a lasting impact on my life. Welcome to the Prayer Warriors thread! I don't believe I have welcomed you yet! :frow

The same has run through my family. Its hard for non-believers to believe if they see a supposed "believer" not living it out. Its a sad reality, really. But then again, a lot of my church members are like family. I do miss a lot of them, since I moved churches this year, but those people have made a lasting impact on my life. Welcome to the Prayer Warriors thread! I don't believe I have welcomed you yet! :frow
Thank you 😊 it means a lot! It is a tough journey, but I believe it is a lesson and I definitely have more empathy now, I believe everything happens for a reason. It’s funny the way everything always falls into place, I am coming around to the fact…their is a very special man upstairs, who has it all under control.

Back
Top Bottom