prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

My BFF's brother had a stroke Saturday night and is not going to survive. The family is in need of prayers as they are having to make some difficult decisions on his behalf. My friend is in her 50's and I think the brother is a little younger but in very poor health. Prayers for guidance, courage and comfort are what is needed. Besides the sister, there are two more brothers and an elderly Dad, also in very poor health. They are Christians, which certainly helps. Mom passed away about two years ago. Thank you. ❤️
So sorry. Praying.
alexandros is my friend I always ask to pray for. evangelos is another friend that has health issues due to his age (81).

btw, thank you for praying. evangelos is feeling better although his oxygen level is 85% only. he has been living with that for some time. the problem is when his oxygen drops below 80%.
Praying
Hi guys, I was wondering if you could pray for my puppy. He’s going to surgery today and I’m just super nervous about it. Thank you everyone! I love this thread :)
Praying! If it makes you feel any better my family fosters cats and dogs and in all we’ve probably had at least 2 dozen animals sprayed or neutered while under our care and have never once had an issue with them being under sedation. Even a couple of our animals with heart issues that made it dangerous came through just fine.

I have never, have you?

Only conferences I have attended are Bethel conferences/Jesus Image conferences. Met lots of firm believers, those events are awesome. Decided not to go this year, due to some issues, but hope to attend again, someday.

I was so worried when Kiki went under. If it helps at all, she was a little tipsy when she first came back, but pretty much normal the next day. Her personality is still exactly the same, and her incision healed rather quickly. The vet did give her an overdose of Carprofen though. And for a 8-9lb dog, apparently that’s bad news. Other than that, it went exactly how I hoped it would. But obviously, she is a girl and Romeo is a boy, so the procedures are definitely different.

The other dog we got spayed is Snowball. She’s heavier….somewhere between 45-50lbs is my guess (I’m not sure since she isn’t under my care). Same thing happened except she didn’t get too many anti-inflammatory pills. When she first came back, she was SO sluggish too. She did get better after that initial day though. Personal opinion, but I do think that neutering is a good idea. I can see how people may want to wait longer or spay females but keep intact males, but it can be risky. Definitely don’t want accidental pregnancies or runaways.

But yes, praying for you and Romeo! ❤️
Thank you so much! Yeah we got our dog Sweety spayed before and she came back so pitiful. She was all shaky and stuff. She made it through though! We just got the call that Romeo made it through, we’re going to pick him up in an hour. They said he’s already up and walking around. I’m not surprised though, that dog has so much energy 😂. But yeah he shouldn’t be as pitiful as a girl dog, since the procedure is not as extensive. Thank you so much for your prayers!

Oh no, I’m praying! :hugs ❤️

That must be so hard for both you, your friend, and her family.
Thank you. As far as I know there is no change today in his condition. They were waiting for one brother to arrive from out of state; he has arrived. I am so glad they have each other in this difficult time. They are a very loving family.

Last edited:
Anxiety inducing experience today:

(Don't read if you don't want to read about the dentist)

Going to the dentist to get some super sealants, which already stresses me out (the dentist in general)

While they're prepping for it, scraping the tooth, etc. they scrape through and find a 'spongy material' aka a cavity. :sick

Me: Uh oh
Dentist: "Ok, we'll just go ahead and fill it, does that sound ok?"
Me (silently) Deeeeeepppppp breaths. Deeeeeepppppp breaths.
Me: "Uh huh"
Dentist: "Ok, does that topical anesthetic seem to be working?" *poke*
Dentist: Ok, you might feel a little pinch...
Me: *starts sweating* *Sees humongous syringe coming towards face*

*Silence*

Me: *Feels the syringe sliding into cheek.*
Me: *Starts to panic*
Dentist: "Does that feel ok?"
Me: "Uh huh" *While shaking and sweating profusely*

AKA, the dentist, especially with the needles and all, freaks me out. I know it shouldn't, but...

I'm glad it's all taken care of now, but still kind of nervous even though it's done. Plus I have a very numb cheek. (I absolutely hate that sensation)

I know, I know... there's not really a reason to be afraid of the dentist, but still freaks me out every time.

However, I just wanted to say that I'm thankful that it's all take care, praise be to God!

Anxiety inducing experience today:

(Don't read if you don't want to read about the dentist)

Going to the dentist to get some super sealants, which already stresses me out (the dentist in general)

While they're prepping for it, scraping the tooth, etc. they scrape through and find a 'spongy material' aka a cavity. :sick

Me: Uh oh
Dentist: "Ok, we'll just go ahead and fill it, does that sound ok?"
Me (silently) Deeeeeepppppp breaths. Deeeeeepppppp breaths.
Dentist: "Ok, does that topical anesthetic seem to be working?" *poke*
Dentist: Ok, you might feel a little pinch...
Me: *starts sweating* *Sees humongous syringe coming towards face*

*Silence*

Me: *Feels the syringe sliding into cheek.*
Me: *Starts to panic*
Dentist: "Does that feel ok?"
Me: "Uh huh" *While shaking and sweating profusely*

AKA, the dentist, especially with the needles and all, freaks me out. I know it shouldn't, but...

I'm glad it's all taken care of now, but still kind of nervous even though it's done. Plus I have a very numb cheek. (I absolutely hate that sensation)

I know, I know... there's not really a reason to be afraid of the dentist, but still freaks me out every time.

However, I just wanted to say that I'm thankful that it's all take care, praise be to God!
I absolutely understand. :hugsEspecially the needles. I didn’t have to get a filling until about two years ago but I’ve had 12 teeth removed. 8 baby teeth pulled as a kid and 4 wisdom teeth cut out as a teen. Luckily I haven’t had any fillings that absolutely required numbing but I’m afraid it’s to the point that I think they will have to knock me out to get a needle in my mouth. So I aspire to reach your level of bravery!

I absolutely understand. :hugsEspecially the needles. I didn’t have to get a filling until about two years ago but I’ve had 12 teeth removed. 8 baby teeth pulled as a kid and 4 wisdom teeth cut out as a teen. Luckily I haven’t had any fillings that absolutely required numbing but I’m afraid it’s to the point that I think they will have to knock me out to get a needle in my mouth. So I aspire to reach your level of bravery!
Thank you! Definitely am not a fan of the dentist. I think part of the reason is bad previous experiences as a kid, people treating me differently (acting like I can't comprehend/answer questions just because I'm neurodiverse) and I think the biggest reason is that I get very, very stressed meeting new people, or talking/seeing people that I don't know very well, and I guess that I get really anxious when I not only have to answer questions etc, I have to be willing to let them stick me with needles, scrape my teeth (agh.... that sound...) and just you know, do stuff to me that I don't even let my family/friends do (like sticking their hand in my mouth :p)

This is a bit rambly and graphic, so consider this your warning. :)
One of my most traumatic experiences was a couple of years ago.
First off, a little background: while I was sick, I learned that one of my parakeets had died, which was terribly heartbreaking. I also learned that what I had thought, and even the doctor thought when I got it checked, was a sprained ankle, turns out it had been broken and sprained - and I had been walking on it for 6 months.

On to the story: It wasn't a dentist exactly, but had to do with my mouth. I had been sick for a couple days as mentioned - fever, terrible sore throat, etc.
I went into the urgent care after I found that I couldn't speak or open my mouth much at all.
At urgent care, they at first thought it was just a bad cold, but then when I told them (very quietly, as I couldn't speak well) that I had trouble opening and closing my mouth, they were pretty certain it was something else. They checked my throat, and sure enough, they could tell that one of my tonsils was really swollen.
They had a suspicion that it was a peritonsillar abscess but weren't completely sure, so they sent me to the ER (which was about half an hour away). Once I got there, they looked and confirmed that it was a peritonsillar abscess.
They had me go back to a room, change into a gown, and (I thought this was super cool :p) was able to stick only one needle in to get a blood draw and an IV.

It was about 3:00 pm by this time, so I ended up just staring at the ceiling and trying not to freak out.

It was really busy, so I had to wait a couple of hours before seeing the ENT doctor.
At around 5:00/6:00 pm, the ENT doctor came in and took a look. He said that he thought it needed to be drained, but these were the three options:
1. Do an MRI to see how bad it truly is, but this would mean staying overnight.
2. Try antibiotics alone and see if it clears up
3. Go ahead and do the procedure.

I thought about it a little bit, then, although I was super scared, ended up choosing the 3rd option, which was to go ahead and do the procedure. I was in a lot of pain and just wanted it to be done. I asked if they could do a general anesthetic: Nope.

So, I waited a little bit longer (it was probably around 7:00 pm by this time) and he came back with the tools. (scary looking, btw)

He sat me up in the hospital bed, had me open my mouth, and gave me one, single instruction:

"Whatever you do, don't move"

He put a little bit of numbing gel onto my tonsil, then tried to inject the numbing medicine.
The problem was that a) he kept dripping it down my throat and b) I have an incredibly strong gag reflex, and c) I started to choke on it. He decided then that I'd be fine, and had my sister hold the suction (poor, poor sister... why not get a nurse?)

He stuck a syringe into the incredibly tender abscess, with me trying my best not to gag, cry, jerk, whatever. Tears were just streaming down my face... I kept gagging, over and over, in incredible pain as he attempted to pull the pus out of the abscess. Blood was kind of splattered everywhere, I was trying not to gag and cry, and he seemed rather frustrated with me.
He took a scalpel, and reinforced the command "Whatever you do, don't move", then proceeded to put the scalpel down my throat to cut the abscess open. He cleaned it up a little, cleaned up the tools, and left. That was kind of the end.

First off, I can be pretty squeamish.
Second, I was trying, really trying not to move, or gag, but it's a reflex and I couldn't control it.
Third, this was by far the most painful experience of my life. Even compared to breaking bones, cramps, root canal, etc.
Fourth, I am a picky eater. Let me tell you that a mixture of pus, saline, and blood does not taste good.
Fifth, I just really wish I had been more comfortable. Oh well.

Ok, this sounded VERY complain-y, and I certainly am being so.

However, I know that it probably wasn't the doctor's fault - it was busy, late at night, and I'm sure he was tired. I'm still grateful that it was taken care of, I just wish my experience hadn't been so terrible.

Sorry, very rambly indeed.

Thank you! Definitely am not a fan of the dentist. I think part of the reason is bad previous experiences as a kid, people treating me differently (acting like I can't comprehend/answer questions just because I'm neurodiverse) and I think the biggest reason is that I get very, very stressed meeting new people, or talking/seeing people that I don't know very well, and I guess that I get really anxious when I not only have to answer questions etc, I have to be willing to let them stick me with needles, scrape my teeth (agh.... that sound...) and just you know, do stuff to me that I don't even let my family/friends do (like sticking their hand in my mouth :p)

This is a bit rambly and graphic, so consider this your warning. :)
One of my most traumatic experiences was a couple of years ago.
First off, a little background: while I was sick, I learned that one of my parakeets had died, which was terribly heartbreaking. I also learned that what I had thought, and even the doctor thought when I got it checked, was a sprained ankle, turns out it had been broken and sprained - and I had been walking on it for 6 months.

On to the story: It wasn't a dentist exactly, but had to do with my mouth. I had been sick for a couple days as mentioned - fever, terrible sore throat, etc.
I went into the urgent care after I found that I couldn't speak or open my mouth much at all.
At urgent care, they at first thought it was just a bad cold, but then when I told them (very quietly, as I couldn't speak well) that I had trouble opening and closing my mouth, they were pretty certain it was something else. They checked my throat, and sure enough, they could tell that one of my tonsils was really swollen.
They had a suspicion that it was a peritonsillar abscess but weren't completely sure, so they sent me to the ER (which was about half an hour away). Once I got there, they looked and confirmed that it was a peritonsillar abscess.
They had me go back to a room, change into a gown, and (I thought this was super cool :p) was able to stick only one needle in to get a blood draw and an IV.

It was about 3:00 pm by this time, so I ended up just staring at the ceiling and trying not to freak out.

It was really busy, so I had to wait a couple of hours before seeing the ENT doctor.
At around 5:00/6:00 pm, the ENT doctor came in and took a look. He said that he thought it needed to be drained, but these were the three options:
1. Do an MRI to see how bad it truly is, but this would mean staying overnight.
2. Try antibiotics alone and see if it clears up
3. Go ahead and do the procedure.

I thought about it a little bit, then, although I was super scared, ended up choosing the 3rd option, which was to go ahead and do the procedure. I was in a lot of pain and just wanted it to be done. I asked if they could do a general anesthetic: Nope.

So, I waited a little bit longer (it was probably around 7:00 pm by this time) and he came back with the tools. (scary looking, btw)

He sat me up in the hospital bed, had me open my mouth, and gave me one, single instruction:

"Whatever you do, don't move"

He put a little bit of numbing gel onto my tonsil, then tried to inject the numbing medicine.
The problem was that a) he kept dripping it down my throat and b) I have an incredibly strong gag reflex, and c) I started to choke on it. He decided then that I'd be fine, and had my sister hold the suction (poor, poor sister... why not get a nurse?)

He stuck a syringe into the incredibly tender abscess, with me trying my best not to gag, cry, jerk, whatever. Tears were just streaming down my face... I kept gagging, over and over, in incredible pain as he attempted to pull the pus out of the abscess. Blood was kind of splattered everywhere, I was trying not to gag and cry, and he seemed rather frustrated with me.
He took a scalpel, and reinforced the command "Whatever you do, don't move", then proceeded to put the scalpel down my throat to cut the abscess open. He cleaned it up a little, cleaned up the tools, and left. That was kind of the end.

First off, I can be pretty squeamish.
Second, I was trying, really trying not to move, or gag, but it's a reflex and I couldn't control it.
Third, this was by far the most painful experience of my life. Even compared to breaking bones, cramps, root canal, etc.
Fourth, I am a picky eater. Let me tell you that a mixture of pus, saline, and blood does not taste good.
Fifth, I just really wish I had been more comfortable. Oh well.

Ok, this sounded VERY complain-y, and I certainly am being so.

However, I know that it probably wasn't the doctor's fault - it was busy, late at night, and I'm sure he was tired. I'm still grateful that it was taken care of, I just wish my experience hadn't been so terrible.

Sorry, very rambly indeed.
Hope I didn’t scare you all away...

Back
Top Bottom