prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

Still here! Just very very mad at that doctor. Several things he did were incredibly poor choices. Possibly, probably, even grounds for a malpractice if you had gotten hurt or the wound didn’t heal properly.
Which things in particular were bad?

I’m sure glad it healed correctly, but I still feel stressed now because of that experience whenever a medical professional does something with my mouth.

I’m sure glad it healed correctly, but I still feel stressed now because of that experience whenever a medical professional does something with my mouth.
Everything. Very traumatizing! I'm not a medical professional so I can't say what should have been done, but nothing about this sounds okay. Just at a guess, the MRI sounds like it would have been best, then he would have known what he was getting into. Then, doing it under general or at least local would have been far more humane. But drilling blind down the throat of a patient who could not open her mouth while said patient is screaming, crying, swallowing pus and blood and telling her not to move? Barbaric. And quite possibly criminal.

Everything. Very traumatizing! I'm not a medical professional so I can't say what should have been done, but nothing about this sounds okay. Just at a guess, the MRI sounds like it would have been best, then he would have known what he was getting into. Then, doing it under general or at least local would have been far more humane. But drilling blind down the throat of a patient who could not open her mouth while said patient is screaming, crying, swallowing pus and blood and telling her not to move? Barbaric. And quite possibly criminal.
I never quite thought of it that way. It sounds quite dramatic, but very accurate at the same time. I definitely wouldn’t wish it on my worse enemy. (Although I don’t have any human ‘enemies’ that I know of)

I usually try not to be dramatic, but it was very painful, and I wanted it to just stop.

It felt great afterwards though with the pressure released and when the nurse came in and gave me a tiny chocolate ice cream. I still remember that. The highlight of the evening. :)

It might have been my fault though, because I (especially with people I don’t know, and especially when my throat hurts) have trouble explaining/sharing emotions.

It could have been no ones fault, but I just really wish it had gone smoothly.

I think they tried local anesthetic, but I think it just kind of trickled down or didn’t work properly, because it’s not supposed to hurt really badly, right? It definitely doesn’t hurt that much at the dentist when they’re filling a cavity!

Not a medical professional obviously but have spent months and months in hospitals with my mom because of her various issues.
Letting you make your own medical decisions (I’m assuming since you said child you were under 15) a parent or legal guardian should have had to sign off on the procedure.
Not listening when you said the local wasn’t working.
Performing a procedure with any trained assistance.
Using a scalpel or any sharp object(even the needle) on an uncooperative patient. He could have sliced you throat or mouth open with the scalpel or had the needle break off in your neck if you moved wrong.
And I could probably find more.
Basically he did everything wrong.

But it sounds like God had his hand on you and you came out without further injury despite the whole terrible event.

Back
Top Bottom