prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

A touching video on the Atonement. What a loving Savior! I pray that I will not let this part of His life spent for us, me, will not be taken for granted. That I won't think that I am not good enough to dare ask for His forgiveness. We are good enough. Ask for that forgiveness. We are sons and daughters of our God. He loves us so much He sent His only begotten son. Jesus loves us, knows us, because of .. this..

Not a medical professional obviously but have spent months and months in hospitals with my mom because of her various issues.
Letting you make your own medical decisions (I’m assuming since you said child you were under 15) a parent or legal guardian should have had to sign off on the procedure.
Not listening when you said the local wasn’t working.
Performing a procedure with any trained assistance.
Using a scalpel or any sharp object(even the needle) on an uncooperative patient. He could have sliced you throat or mouth open with the scalpel or had the needle break off in your neck if you moved wrong.
And I could probably find more.
Basically he did everything wrong.

But it sounds like God had his hand on you and you came out without further injury despite the whole terrible event.
Thank you! I was under 15 at the time. I think my parent signed the paperwork, but neither of us knew how painful it would be.
Definitely a lot of things could have gone wrong, I'm so so thankful that I was ok!

Also a quick prayer request.

I've really wanted to lose weight recently, as I'm on borderline obese.
The problem that I've run into is that everyone says I need to be healthier, exercise more, and eat less. While I certainly could improve these things, I also feel like I exercise alright (I do about 15 minutes a day, but on Thursdays, I rock climb and horseback ride) and have started doing short morning walks. As for diet, usually I'd eat some not-so-healthy stuff, but with at least one vegetable and limited dessert.

But I think the real problem is that I hate myself and have started to try not to eat much because people think I'm unhealthy, and I guess the only way to loose enough weight seems to be not eating. (I've been skipping breakfast and lunch recently, and having a small portion of dinner)
And because I'm depressed, I guess I also don't have a lot of energy to work towards my goals.

I know that I'm definitely not as healthy as I could be, but I guess I'm wanting guidance from God (and if you want to share your opinions, I'd love that!) on accepting myself and losing weight in a healthier way.

The problem that I've run into is that everyone says I need to be healthier, exercise more, and eat less. While I certainly could improve these things, I also feel like I exercise alright (I do about 15 minutes a day, but on Thursdays, I rock climb and horseback ride) and have started doing short morning walks. As for diet, usually I'd eat some not-so-healthy stuff, but with at least one vegetable and limited dessert.

But I think the real problem is that I hate myself and have started to try not to eat much because people think I'm unhealthy, and I guess the only way to loose enough weight seems to be not eating. (I've been skipping breakfast and lunch recently, and having a small portion of dinner)
And because I'm depressed, I guess I also don't have a lot of energy to work towards my goals.

I know that I'm definitely not as healthy as I could be, but I guess I'm wanting guidance from God (and if you want to share your opinions, I'd love that!) on accepting myself and losing weight in a healthier way.
First, you have to answer one question. WHY do you want to lose weight? Because other people say you should? Or because YOU want to? If you do it for other people, it won't happen. But if you want to lose weight for yourself, to get healthier, not struggle to put on shoes or get winded walking up steps, etc. then try limiting how much processed food and white sugar you consume. You might say that you don't consume a lot, you eat pretty healthy. Ok, then start with writing down everything you eat. EVERY LITTLE THING YOU PUT IN YOUR MOUTH. That little bite of a cookie? Write it down. That Twizzler or candy bar or small bag of chips? Write it down. I'm not saying to count calories, the goal is to get a real idea of everything you eat. Do this for a week. Even log how much water you drink. You will be surprised how little fruits, veggies, and water we consume. And do not skip breakfast or lunch. It's called breakfast for a reason. We are breaking our fast from overnight. We need to replenish our bodies. Some people can eat a little breakfast and be fine. Others have to eat a bigger breakfast, that's ok too. Then later, eat a smaller lunch. But eat. Your body needs the nutrition from healthy food to function properly. You maybe surprised but eating healthy and moving more just might help with your depression too. And yes, it's hard to do. If it was easy, you wouldn't see all the weight loss plans and fad diets that are out there. Millions of people struggle to lose weight and eat better, me included. But it being easy doesn't make it worth it, the struggle is what makes it real. And a real joy when you can see the number on the scale going down. And your pants fit better. And you can tie your shoes without a struggle. And those steps? Nailed em!

You're going to get a lot of suggestions, so ask God for wisdom to sort out the useful stuff and what will work for you.
First, you're not allowed to hate what God loves. Read Acts 10. God loves you just the way you are. So you have to love you, too. No judgment!

Second. God does want you to be healthy, and that's not a number on a scale or a pant size or looking like anybody else. It's about glorifying Him in your body. Being well and strong, having strength and stamina and flexibility. So walk and stretch and swim and run and play, whatever you like to do. Get fresh air, sunshine, exercise, water, good nutrition and rest.

Third. Short-term extreme diets don't work. Having a healthy diet does. Your body needs fresh fruit, veggies, whole grains, nuts, seeds, some dairy if it doesn't bother you, and eggs. Use as little processed food as possible like lunch meats and chips, snacks and junk foods. If you must have meat, prepare it yourself - avoid food from hamburger stands.

I don't know you, but I know you're beautiful because God made you. So look at yourself in the mirror every day and thank God for having made you His beautiful child. Thank Him for whatever you see that pleases you. Do you have good skin, pretty eyes, a nice smile, good hair? Thank Him for that. Remember, He does not make junk. Blow Him a kiss and have a great day!

You're going to get a lot of suggestions, so ask God for wisdom to sort out the useful stuff and what will work for you.
First, you're not allowed to hate what God loves. Read Acts 10. God loves you just the way you are. So you have to love you, too. No judgment!

Second. God does want you to be healthy, and that's not a number on a scale or a pant size or looking like anybody else. It's about glorifying Him in your body. Being well and strong, having strength and stamina and flexibility. So walk and stretch and swim and run and play, whatever you like to do. Get fresh air, sunshine, exercise, water, good nutrition and rest.

Third. Short-term extreme diets don't work. Having a healthy diet does. Your body needs fresh fruit, veggies, whole grains, nuts, seeds, some dairy if it doesn't bother you, and eggs. Use as little processed food as possible like lunch meats and chips, snacks and junk foods. If you must have meat, prepare it yourself - avoid food from hamburger stands.

I don't know you, but I know you're beautiful because God made you. So look at yourself in the mirror every day and thank God for having made you His beautiful child. Thank Him for whatever you see that pleases you. Do you have good skin, pretty eyes, a nice smile, good hair? Thank Him for that. Remember, He does not make junk. Blow Him a kiss and have a great day!
Thank you so much... this made me tear up (with happiness)

You're welcome! I fight the Battle of the Bulge myself! Don't beat yourself up. Some of us have metabolic disorders, where our bodies don't process food as efficiently as some other people do. It doesn't make you a bad person. I know people who can eat ten times as much as I do and they weigh like 110 lbs. I can just be in the same room as food and my pants get tight! No fair!

You might start with a visit to your doctor and make sure you are not pre-diabetic or anything like that. I have health issues myself. So I need to be very careful what and when I eat. Hopefully they can put you on a good program that will work for you.

Good luck! And more important, GOD BLESS! Remember Phil. 4:13!

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, Lemon. Have a good one. Don't just eat cold sugary cereal or a sweet pastry. Have some protein. Egg is good. Have something whole-grain. Oatmeal is awesome, with fresh or dried fruit. Take your time, enjoy it. Get up early if necessary. It gets your metabolism going!

Lunch is the second most important meal. Have some vegetables. You may not be hungry at noon if you had a good breakfast. Eat when you're hungry. Salad is a good choice. Cottage cheese or yogurt are good sources of protein, again with fruit.

Have a light dinner. Maybe an apple with peanut butter, or popcorn. The less you eat the better you'll sleep brcause your stomach won't be trying to digest a heavy meal. And you'll wake up hungry for another good breakfast! Drink water between meals rather than with them. You'll digest better.

Back
Top Bottom