prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

Mental health does have a lot to do with physical health. There needs to be balance. Your plan sounds like a very good one! I don't know what DBT skills are?
Dialectal behavioral therapy. I was lucky enough to join a virtual class for it, and it was pretty helpful.
If I may suggest one thing to add to your routine?
Of course! I love suggestions.
You don't have anything on there, that I see, about including other people in your life. You need some kind of social contact (besides us, I mean, lol!). You need some kind of outreach. Talk to a friend on the phone at the very least. Go out for a soda or coffee, whatever your jam is. (Maybe you rock climb with a friend, idk.) Maybe your daily walk could include a buddy? Just a thought.
I know... I don’t have any in-person friends unless family and well, you guys, count.
I try but I just can’t seem to connect very well with other people. I rock climb in a class, but there isn’t much social connection there.
I’m definitely trying to find buddies out there to have fun with... I’ve tried but I guess it never ends well.
Depending on what you add to the smoothie it can be considered a full meal. There’s plenty of smoothie recipes out there on the internet you can try. Some are obviously healthier than others just like any other type of meal.
Cool! Thanks!
You can, but you don't have to. I make mine with yogurt, which has some protein. Half a banana, some frozen berries (not many, I'm diabetic), and almond milk. I like a spoonful of nutritional yeast (B vitamins), and you can stuff it with greens like kale and/or spinach. I don't exercise like Triplet (bum ankle) so I don't need all the protein like she does.
Thank you so much!
Please pray for me. I’m running on not enough sleep and way to much stress. It’s been a rather terrible week all around. One of those were almost everything that can go wrong has. Chickens dying, more and more problems with college. Even the things I try to do to relax just make it worse. I had plans to fix myself a nice dinner and watch a movie. Well the new recipe was a flop and seems to have upset my stomach to boot and the movie wouldn’t play and in the middle of this another chicken died which I’ll have to go bury in the rain before church in the morning.
It’s reach the point where my memory is completely shot and I can’t tell you if I had a certain conversation yesterday or two years ago. I spent half the day Wednesday looking for container insecticide that apparently we haven’t owned for over two year’s and neither do we have the box it used to be in that I was also looking for. I feel like I’m genuinely going crazy and that’s not exactly helping with the stress which is what is causing this in the first place.
Oh my goodness. :hugs

I don’t have much advice to give, but @BigBlueHen53 gave some excellent advice.

I’m praying for you though. :hugs

I love this thread and I love you guts. Y'all are like family to me.

I'm kind of in the same boat as Lemon, socially. We live in a very isolated situation, which, frankly, suits me just fine. I moved here from Arizona not knowing a soul, married my DH and, well ... we pretty much have no social life. We go to church once a week, socialize briefly there, and that's it. I pretty much don't see another adult besides DH from one week to the next. You guys are it for me, lol! :hugs

Oh mercy look at the time! Good night everybody!

I’ve never made a smoothie before (*gasp*)

Should you add protein powder or whey powder? And are they a complete breakfast?

Sorry, I Know This is a prayer warriors thread, not a health thread. :oops:
When I make my protein shakes, I add my protein powder, which is whey protein isolates. One scoop to 8 oz cows milk and a handful of frozen berries. I do not add in frozen veggies because I want it to be lighter. It is not a meal replacement for me, could be for you though. If that's what you want. If you want it to be a meal replacement, try adding frozen cauliflower rice, in addition to anything else you want. Blue gave good suggestions. If I did make mine a meal replacement, I would use my normal protein powder and add in frozen fruits and veggies

I love this thread and I love you guts. Y'all are like family to me.

I'm kind of in the same boat as Lemon, socially. We live in a very isolated situation, which, frankly, suits me just fine. I moved here from Arizona not knowing a soul, married my DH and, well ... we pretty much have no social life. We go to church once a week, socialize briefly there, and that's it. I pretty much don't see another adult besides DH from one week to the next. You guys are it for me, lol! :hugs

Oh mercy look at the time! Good night everybody!
GUYS! I love you GUYS! Good grief. Not guts.

Back
Top Bottom