prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

Please be praying for me...

It’s not bad, just...
I’ll just say that I’m under the age of 18, so I’m still in school. Recently in class, I was feeling very, very depressed. I ended up emailing my teacher because she’s really nice, understanding, and I felt terrible for being so dull and sad. I guess I also didn’t want to worry her.
So I sent her an email apologizing, basically saying that I’ve been depressed and I felt bad for being non participating.
She emailed back with the sweetest, heartfelt email on the planet... it was probably the nicest thing I’ve ever read.

I didn’t want to worry my mom with me feeling depressed... she’s already worried about her mom (my grandma) and some other things. And I felt I could deal with it myself. I’m working on improving my mood by myself.
Unfortunately, the school has a filter-thing for email... and it caught that I said I was depressed and stuff.
So somehow the principal found out... I guess she got a notification about the filter-thing... so then the principal, who I guess was worried, ended up emailing my mom about it. My mom found out, then emailed my therapist.
So I ended up having a longggg conversation with my mom today.

I guess I feel embarrassed... I didn’t want everyone, especially the principal, to know and worry about me feeling depressed.

And I guess it almost feels like they were hiding it from me. Apparently my mom found out on Saturday. She was even talking to my teacher without me knowing, and my therapist...

I guess if you guys could pray that I don’t feel upset with the involved people and that they don’t worry about me...

Also, I’m making a playlist of songs to make me feel happier.
Any recommendations? I like pretty energetic/contemporary Christian music.

:hugs
It's natural to want to keep these feelings to yourself, Lemon. You just want to kind up crawl in a hole and pull it in after you, right? But your teacher was right to pass on your email to others. She's legally obliged to report it because depressed kids often need help so they don't hurt themselves ... or somebody else. Sadly, the kids that take guns to schools and do unspeakable harm often do so because they are hurting in some way. And if they would only have reached out and gotten help .... well, maybe a tragedy could have been averted.

Now, we know YOU would never! But ... depression hurts. I know that because I've been there. And it doesn't seem to go away by itself. It can seem to just keep getting worse and worse, in fact, no matter how hard you try on your own to fight it. But the good news is, you don't have to suffer. There is help. There are medications that can help (ask me how I know!). Talking to a counselor can help. Family counseling can help. There are lots of things that can help but not if nobody knows you are hurting. You need a support system. So yeah, your teacher, the principal, your parents and hopefully a good doctor, can all come on board to help you out.

So my prayer for you is this. That you will let these people help you. That you will let them be Team Lemon to help you find your balance and your happy place so you can be all that God intends you to be. Oh, and we're all on Team Lemon too, okay?

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

It's natural to want to keep these feelings to yourself, Lemon. You just want to kind up crawl in a hole and pull it in after you, right? But your teacher was right to pass on your email to others. She's legally obliged to report it because depressed kids often need help so they don't hurt themselves ... or somebody else. Sadly, the kids that take guns to schools and do unspeakable harm often do so because they are hurting in some way. And if they would only have reached out and gotten help .... well, maybe a tragedy could have been averted.

Now, we know YOU would never! But ... depression hurts. I know that because I've been there. And it doesn't seem to go away by itself. It can seem to just keep getting worse and worse, in fact, no matter how hard you try on your own to fight it. But the good news is, you don't have to suffer. There is help. There are medications that can help (ask me how I know!). Talking to a counselor can help. Family counseling can help. There are lots of things that can help but not if nobody knows you are hurting. You need a support system. So yeah, your teacher, the principal, your parents and hopefully a good doctor, can all come on board to help you out.

So my prayer for you is this. That you will let these people help you. That you will let them be Team Lemon to help you find your balance and your happy place so you can be all that God intends you to be. Oh, and we're all on Team Lemon too, okay?

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
Thank you so much!

This definitely helps me understand the reasoning behind ‘everyone’ knowing.

Back
Top Bottom