prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

Please pray that the repairs to GirlChild's vehicle will not be too expensive. It's not damaged, it's just an old banger and may not be worth repairing. We should get an estimate some time this week. And my car goes in this week as well ... thanks! Claiming the promises of Malachi 3:8-11.

Please pray that the repairs to GirlChild's vehicle will not be too expensive. It's not damaged, it's just an old banger and may not be worth repairing. We should get an estimate some time this week. And my car goes in this week as well ... thanks! Claiming the promises of Malachi 3:8-11.

I want to share with you the story of how we got our car...
So, we spent quite a few years without a vehicle which totally sucked. Between not having any credit at the time and a difficult to verify income, it was impossible to get a car loan.
We'd been praying for a fix for a long time. Desperate, I talked Daddy's ear off about it.
Then there was that moment of inspiration I am particularly convinced comes from Him.
An auction. Scary sounding!
I remembered visiting a car auction as a kid with my parents and how sleazy it all seemed. And what did I know about cars? I was the girl asking the auto parts store guys to come install my window wipers for me.
But nay, an auction it was supposed to be. So, I went searching and found the salvage car auctions. Right there online. I learned how the system worked, feeling encouraged to continue the whole time.
For months I haunted the live internet auctions, learning what was worth buying and what other people wanted too much (driving the price up... trucks, sporty cars, SUVs).
The best deal was to be found in family type sedans, some crossovers.
After watching many cars I thought would be possible on our budget go by, I was close to feeling discouraged. Then very late one night God sent me back to check and this one just popped out at me, slated for that coming morning.
I bid with my heart in my throat and my mom telling me to push the button more, lol (timed). We won it!
For 2350, we got this Mazda w/ just under 100k (they last) and the high trim package w/ leather, camera, BSM, etc). Gas efficient.
By the time we rebuilt it, total cost was half the KBB for the same model /mileage, before car prices went up, and that was with delivery from out of state.

I'm getting carried away telling the story, but my point is that it's actually more available to fix a car yourself / with help than I ever would have thought.
Through ytube (chrisfix), downloading the manual, and an OBD reader, my mom and I (neither of us mechanical) managed to repair the following:

Radiator support, AC Blower (fuse), Bumper, Grille, Trim, front bumper Support, Impact Foam, new Hood hinges, new Headlight housings, Headlight wiring, Fog lights, Blinkers, Non-closing Moonroof, Passenger side mirror and leaky door, 1 Taillight housing, new Battery, a tie rod (suspension), 1 new brake caliper, new rotors and pads, flushed the brake fluid, changed the coolant, oil, and transmission fluid.
OH, and the new front right fender which mom painted with spray paint made to be an exact match by a car paint place

So, if we could manage all that, I think a ton of other people could too :D
Half the time our biggest struggle was figuring out which way is lefty-loosey when the fastener is upside down but we didn't want to lay down there.
Feel free to message me if you have any questions.
But no matter how it happens, God will make a way where there is none. He knows your situation <3

32106620_Image_1.JPG

1 Mazda Fixed.jpg

Thanks! We bought GirlChild an '04 Jeep Liberty for $3,000 a couple of years ago and have probably since put that much again into it. The problem now seems to be that the catalytic converters, which at some point in its past had been reamed out, are now giving up the ghost. We will see what the Lord will do to keep it running for a reasonable cost; watch this space! ❤️🙏❤️

Thank you Jesus
Amen! Thank You for being in charge and watching over Your children, for sending angels guard over us to protect us in this evil world, and the Comforter to keep our courage up in these unsettled times. Most of all, thank You for sending Your Son Jesus, Who took our sins upon Himself and died in our place that we might have eternal life through Him. Thank You that He intercedes for us in Your presence and has prepared a place for us. Thank You that He is coming soon to take us back to heaven with Him. By Your grace may we be ready to receive Him, we ask in His precious name. Even so, come soon, Lord Jesus! ❤️🙏❤️

Back
Top Bottom