Prayers for Featherbaby...

I appreciate all of your wishes and prayers SO MUCH!

I moved my parents in with me about 7 months ago from their home in N. Alabama. Their health has been steadily declining for years but seemed to speed up by the time they got here. Due to 2 strokes and a broken hip dad has been bedridden the entire 7 months. The last 3 months he's been in a light coma, almost unresponsive but still able to eat. Due to the rapid demise in the last couple of days, I suspect another stroke took him. It was such a peaceful passing, he was asleep and not in any pain or distress. God was truly merciful to us both. I promised him I would be with him at the end, and I was able to fulfill that promise. I know he is with God in heaven and has no pain or handicap now. For that I am grateful. I won't really have time or opportunity to grieve very much since my mother is a full time job. She is unable to walk and has dementia. She's a lot like a 5 year old except she can't remember or learn from her experiences. I have great respect for caregivers since my experiences in the last few months.

I want you to know what a comfort all your responses have been! At a time when I was feeling very alone, you all were there to let me know I wasn't. Thank you so very much.

Sandi

hugs.gif
BYC is full of support and kind folks. And it's here at any time of day or night. I'm glad kind words have brought you a bit of peace. You deserve it!

hugs.gif
saying a prayer for you and your continued strenth.

Back
Top Bottom