1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Prayers for granddaughter....She got to come home :)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Katy, May 21, 2008.

1. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

My granddaughter, Avery, who will be 1 on Sunday needs all you good peoples prayer. She is the one I babysit everyday. Yesterday she was acting fine, had a little cough but not much of one. This morning she woke up at 4:30 am with a temp of 101+ so her mom took her in to the dr this morning. They couldn't find anything really wrong. By noon it had spiked to 104.4 so we took her back in and they did a chest xray expecting that she had pneumonia. Instead it shows her heart is enlarged. They have sent her on to a pediatric cardiologist for further tests. We will be heading that way directly. Then to add to everything else we met my son on the way to the hospital and I was bringing his car home and it broke down on me and we had to pull it about 15 miles home. Please keep her and our family in your prayers.

Katy

Last edited: May 22, 2008
  2. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] ((HUGS))

Sending prayers for you, your family & Avery!

3. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Oh my gosh! How scary! Sending lots of positive thoughts and prayers for her!

4. Standard Hen

Standard Hen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Massachusetts
    Katy sending my best to all of you. Keep us posted.

5. morelcabin

morelcabin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2007
    Ontario Canada
    Praying for your granddaughter and your family. May God lay his healing hands apon her and give the doctors wisdom

6. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    Good Thoughts & Prayers headed her way.

7. ginbart

ginbart Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    Katy, I will send an email to my friend and within minutes you will have many people praying for you family. We will be praying for her here. God Bless you.

8. 1mommahen

1mommahen Love My Cluckin' Coop

Mar 20, 2008
    NJ
    Hope everything works out ok, you're in my thoughts!

9. tiffanyh

tiffanyh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Connecticut
    Babies are stronger and have more perserverance than we give them credit for. My thoughts are with you and your family.

10. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Hugs and Prayers Katy!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by