1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Prayers for Mom ~UPDATE~

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Iowa Roo Mom, May 1, 2009.

1. Iowa Roo Mom

Iowa Roo Mom Resistance Is Futile

Apr 30, 2009
    Keokuk County
    Hey everyone! Please pray for my mom, she has been suffering from Behcet's Syndrome for 24 years now. She has spent a total of 49 days in the hospital, off and on since January 1st. A brief description from the ABDA website:

Behçet's disease is an autoimmune disease that results from damage to blood vessels throughout the body, particularly veins. In an autoimmune disease, the immune system attacks and harms the bodies' own tissues. The exact cause of Behçet's disease is unknown. Most symptoms of the disease are caused by vasculitis (an inflammation of the blood vessels). Inflammation is a characteristic reaction of the body to injury or disease and is marked by four signs: swelling, redness, heat, and pain.

Since Jamuary, she has had a terrible, worse than migrane headache that she just can't shake. She recently got new medication introduced into her intrathecial pump (an implanted "pain pump" with a catheter that injects pain medication continuously into her spinal fluid) to try to help with the pain however, the new med was too strong, as it made her sleep- constantly. The hospital that handles her pain pump is 100 miles away, and we had to make 3 round trips, 3 consecutive days, to try to resolve the problem. Long story short, they withdrew the medication from the pump, but could not get it out of the catheter, so basically she is going to "sleep" for 10 days, untill it gets out. Dad and I wake her and make her eat and drink.

Please pray for her

UPDATE: Well, mom got admitted to the hospital Tuesday. The doc says that since she has stopped taking ALL of her daily meds, he wanted to put her in to wean her back on the nessceary ones slowly. More or less she's in to get her meds regulated, and she is much more alert, but still having quite a bit of pain. Needless to say, I haven't been able to do much as far as work on the chicken house, and now I'm working 12 hour nights for the next 3 nights. But, I'll keep you updated!

Last edited: May 8, 2009
  2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    As one who suffers from Auto Immune Hives, I said a prayer for your mom.

God bless.

3. HennysMom

HennysMom Keeper of the Tiara

Sending prayers to your Mom and your family. [​IMG]

4. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    [​IMG]

5. in2chickens

in2chickens Out Of The Brooder

Apr 24, 2009
    Norco, CA
    Have paitence, and make every day count.

6. patyrdz

patyrdz The Madd Hatcher

Feb 26, 2009
    Southern Pines, NC
    Prayers sent! Hugs to you and your Mom![​IMG] [​IMG]

7. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Definitely prayers for your mom.

8. n-da-woods

n-da-woods Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2009
    North Carolina
    Praying

9. wingnut1

wingnut1 Crazy Bird Lady

[​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Iowa Roo Mom

Iowa Roo Mom Resistance Is Futile

Apr 30, 2009
    Keokuk County
    Thanks all! We've got a doctors appointment Tuesday, She'll prolly be admitted to the hospital, but at this point, she probably needs the fluids. [​IMG] I'm exasperated and to the point of exhaustion [​IMG] But, I appreciate everyone's kindness- prayers ALWAYS help in one way or another! Y'all rock! *And thanks for giving me a much needed place to come and de-stress!* [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by