Prayers for my friends who had to turn off life support on 14 yr old .

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by NancyDz, Mar 22, 2009.

1. NancyDz

NancyDz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Dutch Flat, CA
    On Valentine's Day weekend, my friend's son was struck with the Influenza, which immediately became double pneumonia, and the super-bug, MRSA, a horrible staphorus bacteria, took over his lungs. He's been fighting this for over a month and had a very promising week where he seemed to get better. But last night he took a turn for the worst.
    Today they had to make the awful decision to take him off of life support or proceed with a 5% chance of life with a high probability of brain damage. They decided to take him off of support this evening with his extended family, 4 siblings and parents by his side. Griffon was a great kid, who loved sports, and skate boarding. Please keep his family and friends in your prayers. Its so difficult to grasp when it's someone so young. I wasnt prepared for this news after his progress this week. I'm stunned. [​IMG]

Thanks for reading...

Nancy

2. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    God, I can't imagine what that must have been like for his parents. Lord, help them get through this....give them peace......So sorry to hear that!

3. TimeMist

TimeMist Out Of The Brooder

Sep 23, 2008
    New Zealand
    Oh how very very sad for all involved. There can be no worse pain than losing a child. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. patyrdz

patyrdz The Madd Hatcher

Feb 26, 2009
    Southern Pines, NC
    oh how awful! Prayers sent![​IMG] [​IMG]

5. #1California Chick

#1California Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 5, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    Prayers and good thoughts for you and the family and friends of the young boy. There is no harder journey for parents.

6. mhaines4102

mhaines4102 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2008
    Stroud, Oklahoma
    I cannot even begin to imagine the pain of that decision. Prayers sent.

7. Jena

Jena The Welsh Witch

Nov 2, 2008
    Cardiff
    Thought are with all of you.

Rest in the thought that he is now at peace.

It must be the most dreadful decision to make.

8. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    I don't even know what to say. I can't imagine the pain. Best wishes to the family.

9. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] There are no words to say to make it better. I know the road will be long and painful for his family.

10. farmerlor

farmerlor Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh, that's so awful. I'm terribly sorry for you and your friends.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by