Prayers for my g-ma-in-law

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Livinzoo, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Livinzoo

Livinzoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2008
    Statham, GA
    She fell today and shattered her shoulder. They can't do surgery because of her heart. So they are just going to immobilize her arm. This is the same arm she fell on and broke her wrist about 6 months ago. That never healed right but at least she regained use of her arm. And get this they are sending her home from the hospital tonight.

I feel so bad for her. She is a head strong woman like me and I know this just bothers her. She is the woman who made my husband what he is today. And I love her for it.

I really dislike the fact drs are so dependant on drugs and don't try to make us healthy they just mask the symptoms. She is on a blood thinner and has to avoid magnessium rich foods. So I'm sure this is partly to blame for her bones breaking so easily.

2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    [​IMG] Aww, poor lady! [​IMG] [​IMG] I hope it heals okay.. [​IMG]

3. chocolate m'scovy

chocolate m'scovy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2010
    That is so sad! Make sure she gets lots of TLC!

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Aw, that's awful, poor lady! Hope she heals up better than expected and the pain can be controlled.

5. Livinzoo

Livinzoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2008
    Statham, GA
    She broke the ball off her Humerus and had the worst dislocation that the dr had ever seen. She also fractured her pubic bone. As much pain as she is in the fact of being helpless and being a burden are her worst concerns. She reminds my of myself so much and I know this kills her. I told her to not think of it as being a burden on us, think of it as us pampering her.

6. BarkerChickens

BarkerChickens Microbrewing Chickenologist

Nov 25, 2007
    High Desert, CA
    Poor thing!!! I hope she heals well! [​IMG]

7. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

She's a fortunate lady to have family who loves her so much. Best wishes for her! Hope they can control her pain adequately as she heals.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by