Prayers for my Grandmother...Please! UPDATE!!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by lockedhearts, Nov 30, 2008.

1. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    My Dad's mother is my last living GrandParent, she is 85 and is having Congestive Heart Failure symptoms. My sister says I need to call her, my sister is a nurse and has been keeping an eye on Mamommie since my parents have been out of state traveling.
    I know death is a part of life, but having grown up with Great Great Grandparents, it is really diffucult to be down to one Grandparent.
    I hate that I have not been able to get home to see her the last few years, I planned to go home next March for her Birthday.
    Our family has had a lot of tragedy at this time of year, so it kind of makes it extra hard to deal with.
    In 96 my Mother's Mom passed away the Day after Christmas, then 3 weeks later my middle Uncle, then exactly 2 years later my oldest Uncle and my Great Uncle the same day. The following year on my dad's Birthday (Jan 16) I lost my son and my Grandmother (Dad's) had a stroke, then that April my mom's father.
    My dad didn't want to celebrate his Birthday for a couple years after this (both Uncles died 2 days after his birthday).
    This was actually the first year in a long time I was in the Cristmas Spirit, now I am kinda depressed. [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 4, 2008
  2. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    I am so sorry all that you have been through [​IMG]

I will say extra prayers for your grandma and your family to get through these tough times

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Karen, it's been a rough road for you, losing all those loved ones. I don't have any grandparents and my mother is gone, both my adoptive and my biological and various other relatives. The day is fast approaching when I will be the older relative, not just one of the kids. I didn't know you lost your son. That's truly awful for you, I know. Then to top it off, the diminishing light this time of year can make you feel blue as well. Wish I could offer some solace. [​IMG]

4. PeeperKeeper

PeeperKeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Prayers are coming your way.

5. smom1976

smom1976 too many projects too little time!

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    wow the holidays are hard on your family.. my prayers will be with you.

6. HennysMom

HennysMom Keeper of the Tiara

many prayers heading to you and yours, may they get there as fast as angels fly [​IMG]

7. lockedhearts

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Thanks everyone! BirdBoy88, I am praying for you as well.
    Cyn, Thanks, it helps just knowig I have support , yeah it was hard to lose my son, but then I look at what my Grandaddy went through before he died, he lost 3 kids and my grandmother and he kept going. I drew some strength from that.

8. AussieSharon

AussieSharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
    Sending HUGE hugs your way. I lost both of my grandmothers 2 weeks apart when I was pregnant with my first child.

Give her a call. [​IMG]

9. lockedhearts

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Well, my mom called me yesterday and they put Mamommie in the Hospital. Her heart is racing and she is having trouble breathing.
    My parents are in MO, my Dad goes out there and works a couple months each year for extra $$, they are headed back this way today, they will be here tomorrow and depending on how bad she is, they may leave and head on home saturday.

I guess it's somewhat of a blessing that I am not working, in case I have to make an emergency trip home.

Please still pray, I know that whatever happens will be God's Will, but prayers are very welcome.

10. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    [​IMG] I'm here if you need anything.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by