Prayers for my little town.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Dixiedoodle, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Dixiedoodle

Dixiedoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    We made national news- [​IMG]

Eight killed, 4 shot, in a nursing home.... My husband's cousin was the town police that got shot. His nephew is the fire chief and a 'First Responder' on the scene, his aunt was a resident at the home. The man who did the shooting lives less than three mile from our farm on the same road!

Such a sad little community.... You think you are safe from such horrors....then the 'monster' comes to close to your own world....

I have cried all day. My husband grew up with these victims children and grandchildren...

God bless our community... [​IMG]

2. suenrob

suenrob Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2008
    Ft. Myers, FL
    So sorry for your loss. Your family and all the others will be in my prayers.

3. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

I just heard about it on the news, So sorry- just horrible. Worked for years with the elderly, can't imagine "why?"

Imp

4. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm

You and your community will be in my prayers. [​IMG]

5. wingnut1

wingnut1 Crazy Bird Lady

I am so sincerely sorry for your loss -- loss of your cousin, and your feeling of safety. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.. [​IMG]

6. patyrdz

patyrdz The Madd Hatcher

Feb 26, 2009
    Southern Pines, NC
    [​IMG]I live in Carthage, and I worked right next door to this nursing home. I worked with the wife of the officer that was shot, and met him a couple of times. Very nice people. I know alot of people that work there and that have family members there, and this is so sad! I just can not understand the reason for hurting defenseless people. Thank God for Officers like the young man that was first on the scene, bless him and keep him safe. If you see his wife, tell her Patty says to keep her chin up! My prayers go out to all touched by this awful act. This hits way too close to home.[​IMG]

7. Dixiedoodle

Dixiedoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Dh's cousin (the police officer) was not killed. He was the officer that shot the suspect--the suspect shot him.. He will be ok.. I am sorry that it sounded like he had died. Six of the victims were 70yrs -98yr. old and one male nurse 38yrs old... The others that were shot were the suspect, the police officer and two others..

Wow, that's at least three of us that are from Carthage on this forum.. But yes, our little town is reeling from the whole horrible ordeal..

8. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    so sorry! [​IMG]

9. patyrdz

patyrdz The Madd Hatcher

Feb 26, 2009
    Southern Pines, NC
    Quote:I know this is a very sad day here! I am so glad JG will be ok! When I first heard, I never dreamed that it was the residents that were killed!! I just assumed it was the workers! They did not have a chance and I am so sad for them, their familys and our poor town. I don't think there is anyone that lives or works here that won't be touched by this terrible event!
    My address is Carthage, but I live next to St. Josephs!(go figure)I worked at the HD for almost five years!!

10. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    I have not heard yet. I'm so sorry. I have been out working and selling chickens all day. Is this Carthage TX? This is so weird because a woman that bought chickens from me today was talking about inheriting a house in Carthage and retiring there. We used to live in Longview. I'm going to see about it now. Stay strong. Remember, everything happens for a reason and there will be a silver lining to this, just takes time and healing to see it. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by