Prayers for my mom!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by chickensnewtome, Aug 8, 2013.

1. chickensnewtome

chickensnewtome Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2013
    Little town in Arkansas
    Let me tell you a little back ground about my mom. She is the most caring wonderful woman I have ever met. She has never dwelled in the past and always lived for the future, until now. 3 1/2 Years ago my mom was diagnosed with an aggressive form of Breast Cancer that had spread to her lymph nodes. She immedietely went in and started radiation and chemo. After a year of treatments, and a surgery to remove the cancer ridden breast, she was in Remission. [​IMG] We were elated! She was took on as a charity case at the Mayo Clinic in Florida, I could not be happier. She got all the expert care she needed and didnt have to worry about bills. They started the process of reconstruction, They took her belly fat flap, and reconstructed a new left breast. She felt whole again! There was a lot of trouble with the healing but we all attributed that to the bouts of radiation and chemo she had over come. Finally it healed, She was in Remission for a year when she started coughing up blood. She went to her Dr. who attributed it to Pneumonia, gave her antibiotics and sent her home. She woke up one morning and called me on Skype, I live in Arkansas she lives is Florida, complaining of what she called a broken butt. She said it hurt to sit and walk. I thought she might have pinched her sciatic nerve but to be sure I told her to head to the hospital. They took blood and found an elevated amount of white blood cells, or infection fighting cells, They told her to head straight in for a scan. Two agonizing days later we got the news that none of us expected. Mom had stage 4 Bone and Lung cancer. They found it in her Hips, spine, legs, shoulder, and Right lung. They gave my mom 6 months - 1 year to live! that was 2 Months ago. Today she is sitting in the hospital with a tube in her lungs to drain the fluid. They are now saying that she may not make it the whole 6 months. We are going down tomorrow but she begged me this morning to NOT leave her on Tuesday when I have to. She is also terrified of suffocating to death one night. I want to be strong for her, and I have been because I have 3 kids that depend on me to be strong, but it is getting hard! I need prayers for strength, for guidance, and for peace. I will try to keep everyone updated on here so I dont tie up any threads, with all this cancer talk. Thank you for all the prayers that are continuing our way. My Mom will be 50 on August 23. She is still young and has been through so much. Please go in for yearly exames ladies, and always do home checks. Here is my beautiful Mom:[​IMG]

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    My heart goes out to you and your Mom. [​IMG]

3. chickensnewtome

Jun 19, 2013
    Little town in Arkansas
    thanks!

4. bluejeans

bluejeans Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2012
    will pray for your mom and family . Isaiah 53:5 .
    [​IMG]

5. MrsKemmerlin

MrsKemmerlin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2011
    Round O, SC
    Will be praying for your mom's health and strength and peace all the way around. Let her know how much you love her, but remember to take a moment for yourself to release your emotions without worrying about anyone else.

6. chickensnewtome

Jun 19, 2013
    Little town in Arkansas
    Thank ya'll so much. We just got back from our trip to see her and everything went great. She is on Oxygen and has a permanent tube in her lung to drain fluid off of it. She has her color back and even tho she said she doesnt feel any better. I can see that she looks better. I left her knowing that I will be able to see her again. We are going to go for thanksgiving and spend a couple days with her. I was going to stay longer this time but found out that I was accepted into the nursing program by our house and had to hurry home to take advantage of this oppurtunity. Mom was very understanding and so proud of my accomplishments.

7. chickensnewtome

Jun 19, 2013
    Little town in Arkansas
    Well Mom it has been a month since you left this world. I miss you more and more every day. Dad is not handiling this good and I don't have the skill you did to calm him. Nursing school is going great and all the babies are doing good. I love you!

Thank you to all of you for the prayers and good wishes.

8. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Sorry for your loss. Losing one's Mom is devastating.

9. bluejeans

bluejeans Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2012
    all i know about heaven is,, your mom though she loves you greatly would not want to be here . shes done that once thanks but no thanks ..shes now WALKS AND TALKS with Jesus.

10. newfoundland

newfoundland Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    I am so sorry for the loss of your mum, and yet you will never really be without her in the sense that she lives on in your heart. You will find as you go through life that you will seek her guidance by saying to yourself, 'Now what would mum have said or done about this?' And believe you will know exactly what she would have said or done in the situation and it will bring you great comfort that the relationship with your mum continues in this way. Take care.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by