Prayers for my relapsing-bulemic sister, please?

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Tanichca, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Tanichca

Tanichca Sparkle Magnet

May 6, 2009
    Vail, Arizona
    Hey all.
    The family just learned today that my 19 yo sister, who has been struggling with anorexia-bulimia for a few years, but hasn't binged or purged in months, has had a major relapse. Her grades are slipping in college, and she is dropping out and coming home this Friday because she cannot be in that environment anymore (the college she picked, ironically, has one of the highest numbers of students with eating disorders. And they kept sending her hitherto-unneeded bills, so she's in a lot of debt.) Naturally, my family, especially my mom, who already has depression issues, is very stressed, because we remember well what happened a few years back when we had to send her to a treatment center/psych ward for two months. It was hell, no exaggeration. So, just pray we can get her a job, and help her through this tough time and get her back on track. Thanks everyone. [​IMG]

2. Glenmar

Glenmar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2011
    VIRGINIA
    [​IMG]

3. pdbantam

pdbantam Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2011
    South Mississippi
    Will do. [​IMG]

4. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

[​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Fierlin1182

Fierlin1182 powered-flight

Aug 26, 2011
    All the best for your family, Tani. Sounds like a tough situation for you all. [​IMG]

6. FarmCoe

FarmCoe Flock Mistress

May 22, 2010
    Planet Earth
    [​IMG] Sending thoughts your way. Hope your sister gets better [​IMG]

7. bluesub

bluesub Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2011
    Pittsburgh
    Is there a treatment plan for your sister? My freshman roommate in college had an eating disorder and got the help she needed and she is fine now. Moving to a less restrictive/structured environment can sometimes cause eating disorders to resurface. Good luck, hang in there Tani!

8. ca

ca Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2010
    Wickenburg
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    [​IMG] Tani, wishing the best for your sister, family, and you. [​IMG]

10. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    An eating disorder is not something you get over. Its something you deal with for the rest of your life. Stress will aggravate it. Most eating disorders are not so much about the food its about self esteem and control. When you life is out of control the only thing you can control is what goes into your mouth or what stays in your body. Help her feel she is in control of her life. See if she can see someone on an out patient basis. Prayers for her this is a sneaky and painfully emotional disease.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by