prayers for my sister Kay update post18 ( she is home)

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by chixie, Sep 22, 2011.

1. chixie

chixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    she has been to heck and back since her car accident almost a year ago. Tomoorrow she is having her bone graft on the arm and leg that hasnt healed yet. they will also be putting a larger rod in her leg . her arm may end up worse off than before this surgery. her arm was shattered and here is so many tiny fragments. doctor is hesitant to do this surgery. they said she may not be able to use this arm after surgery. Kay says she cant use it much now so while she is under she wants them to go ahead and do both at the same time... Please keep her and her family in your prayers... she is gonna be out of work for a long time...

UPdate: on top of this her son was in a motorcycle accident tonight. injuries are believed to be superficial But we are not sure at this time. SAomeone cut him off... Really hard on the family since we lost our brother 14 years ago to a stupid motorcycle accident. please keep Casey in your prayers also. if they admit him they are going to put my sister in his room after her surgery. she cant be with him at the hospital because she cant stay up for a long time(still in a wheel chair and gets really tired fast) her husband is with their son...

Last edited: Sep 28, 2011
  2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Healing thoughts for all those involved.

3. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    Prayers! [​IMG]

4. hennyannie

hennyannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2011
    North Carolina
    Prayers for her! [​IMG] for you!

5. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

[​IMG] [​IMG]

6. melodie_a

melodie_a Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2010
    Sanford, NC
    Praying for her and her doctors and family. [​IMG]

7. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Oh gosh... your poor family. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    Tear are a language that God understands. Prayers are already at the ears of Jesus.

9. chixie

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    thanks everybody... my nephew was really lucky. he is home sore but no major injuries and no broken bones.

my sister has been in surgery for about 6 hours. they finished her leg and it looks good. now they are working on her arm which is the hardest part... she is stable

10. chixie

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    Kay is out of surgery and in ICU for the night... Not sure why she is in ICU(maybe because during the wreck her heart was shifted- but thats just a guess) BIL will call tomorrow and give us more details. doctor is really optimistic about her arm.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by