Prayers for our SANITY!!!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by debilorrah, Dec 14, 2010.

1. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Robert is clearly ADHD, we have noticed he has a lazy eye, and he is a parrot. However, hand him something like a cell phone, even a droid, and he can find the games within seconds.

Elmo is the only thing that makes him stop moving and stop talking, so we downloaded about 24 hours worth of Elmo. Ken and I are zapped of all energy and I am nowt drinking in hopes that I will find this all funny after a belt or three.

None of our kids were like this one at all. We now have to lock the bedrooms because last night he poured all Sara's makeup and 5 bottles of nail polish into her makeup container and today he got into our closet and completely destroyed a music table we had for him for Christmas. Destructo the Magnificent.

God help us.

2. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

God bless you, Debi.

[​IMG]

3. debilorrah

Maybe I should start a blog titled Too Old to be Parents Again, But Did THAT Stop us???

4. melodie_a

melodie_a Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2010
    Sanford, NC
    I read your post as prayers for our Sainty. I thought your dog was sick.[​IMG] That I might have some advice for this... well..I'll pray for you. I can't give any helpful advice because at this point our ADHD 12 year old daughter is about to drive both my husband and myself up the wall. I am not sure that all three of us will actually make it until she is 18.. I have yet to place any bets on who will be the first to go.[​IMG]

5. Moabite

Moabite Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2010
    Utah
    As long as you can still laugh, you'll probably be OK... Elmo possess kids, I'd blame him, since Barney is gone.

6. debilorrah

Quote:Much to my chagrin, Barney is NOT gone. [​IMG]

7. NoseyChickens

NoseyChickens Feathers On The Ground

Aug 3, 2009
    Southern California
    I know just where you are coming from. It's frustrating, but it will get better. It will just take a lot of time. One toy I found FANTASTIC for my girls when they were younger is the Leapster, learning and video games all in one. I'm not sure how much they cost these days, you may be able to find one used. But if he clicks with that kind of thing, it may be helpful. It may also give you a break from Elmo's World, and it will teach him at the same time. It is just constant redirection at this point for him, which can be very frustrating. We still have that problem with Kiley. Drive me up the wall some days. But it WILL get better. Oh, and baby gates and latches are your friend!

8. NoseyChickens

NoseyChickens Feathers On The Ground

Aug 3, 2009
    Southern California
    Quote:Much to my chagrin, Barney is NOT gone. [​IMG]

I banned Barney...Bear in the Big Blue House was my BFF!

9. Moabite

Moabite Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2010
    Utah
    I got one who is nearly as ADHD as me. Now I know how my parents felt.

10. debilorrah

Quote:My hat goes off to you. You knew what you were in for..... We are just finding out!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by