Prayers for the Haitian people

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by debilorrah, Jan 12, 2010.

1. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

7.0 earthquake hit and leveled the area. Many, many deaths and injuries. They are not seismicly fit so this is really devestating for them. Please pray.

2. marytoast

marytoast Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2008
    Carthage, NC
    done, and will continue to pray for them.

3. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    I read that they are under a tsunami watch as well. [​IMG]

4. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    My nephew posted it on FB, he went down there last year to build houses with a Missionary group from his Church.

5. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    That's sad. This prayer list is getting long. Hopefully it will shorten up in a good way [​IMG]

6. debilorrah

After seeing the devistation on TV, it just breaks my heart that a country so poor is going through this right now. We are all God's children and I pray for healing for all of them.

7. rainplace

rainplace Interstellar Duck Academy

Quote:It's awful, Debi, and breaks my heart also. I have them in my heart, praying for the people of Haiti to overcome this catastrophe.

8. Hoosiermomma

Hoosiermomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    We do not have a tv but I was talking to my mom and she told me about this. She said they are saying this is one of the worst quakes ever. Is that true or do they mean just for Haiti?

9. debilorrah

Quote:They mean as far as damage goes. Quakes in CA of that caliber do not flatten the area like this one did to Haiti.

10. Hoosiermomma

Hoosiermomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    Quote:They mean as far as damage goes. Quakes in CA of that caliber do not flatten the area like this one did to Haiti.

Thanks...I would imagine regardless of the size of the quake any damage and loss would be devastating to a country so poor.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by