Prayers for this young lady...GREAT NEWS!

Form CarePages......
Friday Evening 04/24/2009
Posted 55 minutes ago

Although Michelle struggled to regain consciousness, she was unable to combat the narcotics in time for the Supervising Doctor (Dr. Sisson - the Everything Else Doctor that I mentioned in earlier posts) to be around when the extabation took place so they sedated Michelle again. They kept Michelle off of the most powerful sedating drugs (narcotics) so she had a restless night. Once Michelle has her intabation tube out, the doctors will put Michelle on Methadone to ease her withdrawl from the narcotics.

The best news that happened was that, in her struggle to regain consciousness, Michelle moved her right foot!!! Her Uncle Scott must have tickled her at just the right time, and it took tremendous effort, but Michelle managed to move her right leg. She is still not moving her right hand but, the fact that she was able to move her right side means that, the damage to her brain MAY not be permanent.

Saturday Morning 04/25/09 Rebirth
Posted 46 minutes ago

The nurses began to wake Michelle up again during the wee hours of the morning. By 8:00 AM, Doctor Sisson came in to examine Michelle and gave the green light to extabate Michelle. Michelle's nurse Christie and her Respiratory Therapist Cheryl checked Michelle's breathing and everyone else held their breath as the tube was removed.

Donna and I were not allowed to be in the room at the time the staff removed the breathing aparatus just in case they had to reinsert the breathing tube in a hurry. The staff did not.

It was all over in a few minutes and Donna and I were allowed back into her room. Michelle was semi-conscious but was aware enough to know that her mother and I were present. When I came up to Michelle and said "I love you" Michelle tried very hard to say "I love you back" (it sounded like "ahhh oooooo") and when I told Michelle that her Mom was right beside me she tried to say "Hey" which sounded like "uh ay". Those were the sweetest sounds I have heard in my life!

wee.gif
yippiechickie.gif

More prayers coming your way. Wow Michelle you are an amazingly strong young lady... And I know you will pull through this.. You ahve many people from all walks of lifes and religions caring for you and sending you some wonderful energy... To your amazing family " Keep hoping" Hope is so amazingly powerful...

Latest update.....

Michelle is much better than she was the past two days. She had multiple classmates from school come and visit today which made her very happy. She even offered a bit of sarcasm to me...:) While the doctors are reserved, the nurses and techs that are working the unit are amazed at Michelle's progress. She is moving all her extremeties without problems and her speech is clear other than being a bit muffled from pain meds. As I write this, she is finally relaxed and asleep after so many hours awake as Denise described in the last update. The narcotic withdrawals seem to be over as she is continuing to receive Methadone. I have seen my daughter smile several times since I came back to the hospital and have much joy that God has honored so many because of their faith. Many thanks to her classmates! Your visit was just was she needed...:)

Apparently the doctors didn't think she would live....people in her condition usually don't. She's truly blessed and I know all of your prayers helped tremendously. Many thanks to all of you for your concerns and prayers! Please keep praying for her continued recovery.​

I wanted to make sure to post this message......

To EVERYONE that has said a prayer
Posted 42 minutes ago

Dear EVERYONE,

Thank each and every one of you for your prayers for Michelle and us, her parents.

Each prayer added a tiny bit to Michelle's cup..and now that cup is overflowing with God's love and mercy. Each day we (Michelle, David, Donna, and I) take a giant gulp from that cup to restore our health and spirit, so it needs to be refilled from time to time. You all help replenish the cup with every prayer, thought, gift, and gesture.

Without you, and the others that are praying for her, the cup would be soon be empty..so THANK YOU for what you have done for ALL of us.

May God replenish your cup at the time of your greatest need, like He has replenished, through you, ours.

May God bless and keep you. Amen

and this:

Monday, early afternoon, 4/27/09
Posted 1 hour ago

Michelle was visited by three members of the Physical Therapy team to assess her needs. It appears that Michelle will need minimal physical therapy to regain her strength. Most of the IV lines were removed. She was able to sit up and stand without assistance. Once she is able to walk on her own, the feeding tube can be removed so that she can eat somewhat regular food. She is still quite weak but is vastly improved. We still haven't heard the results of the CT scan.

I feel almost like I was watching one of my own go through this....I've been so worried and scared for Mouse and now I'm so happy she's recovering so well! Thank you all and please keep her in your thoughts.​

Just wanted to let everyone know that Mouse is doing great. She's almost back to normal, she still has some weakness on her right side and still hasn't completely regained her memory, but she's improving every day! She has been undergoing physical therapy every day, but they aren't going to replace the piece of skull until sometime this summer so she has to be careful for a while. She has begun posting her own updates on the CarePages site, and has said that she wanted to thank everyone who prayed for her and her family.

I believe God has truly worked a miracle for her.

Back
Top Bottom