prayers needed- family of 3 in car wreck

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by chixie, Feb 5, 2012.

1. chixie

chixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    the parents died and their two month old baby boy is in a childrens hospital with brain injuries. they ere in a head on collision on a bridge. I went to school with the mom and she waited so long to be a mother. she finally had her baby at the age of 40. please pray for her baby and her family. thank you

2. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    Oh Chixie, that is so sad! Prayers...

3. chixie

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    correction it was not on a bridge and it looks like the daddy crossed the line and hit a truck head on. mom and dad died instantly

4. GaNewChick

GaNewChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    McDonough, Ga.
    Sorry to hear about this ... I saw this in the paper today. The wreck happened north of Atlanta, I live south. Prayers for the baby and family.

http://www.ajc.com/news/cherokee/texas-couple-killed-in-1333359.html

Texas couple killed in wreck near Canton; baby injured

By Helena Oliviero
    The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
    A head-on collision in Cherokee County killed a Texas couple late Sunday morning. The couple’s two-month-old baby boy survived the crash, according to Lt. Jay Baker with the Cherokee County Sheriff's Office.
    Enlarge photo
    [​IMG]

Channel 2 Action NewsThe car left the road on Knox Bridge Highway about five miles west of Canton.

More Atlanta area news »

The baby, transported to Children's Healthcare of Atlanta Scottish Rite, suffered a traumatic brain injury, according to Cherokee County Fire and Emergency Services. The baby's right leg also was broken in the crash.
    Police identified the dead couple as Rick Dean Headen, 48 and Charlotte Ann Sedtal, 40, both of Sour Lake, Texas. They were the parents of the baby who was in the rear of the car, police said.
    The accident happened about 11 a.m. on Knox Bridge Hwy about five miles west of Canton.
    Headen and Sedtal were heading eastbound in a Ford Focus and appeared to have veered into the other lane, hitting a pick up truck, according to Lt. Jay Baker with the Cherokee County Sheriff's Office.
    "It appears they were driving through Georgia on their way to another state," Baker told the AJC. "A family member from another state is currently on their way to the hospital. That relative will have temporary custody of the child when he is released from Scottish Rite," Baker added.
    The couple died at the scene. Two adults in the pick up truck were injured but their injuries do not appear to life-threatening. They were transported to WellStar Kennestone Hospital.
    The accident is under investigation.

5. dinahmoe

dinahmoe Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Sep 19, 2009
    central georgia
    how sad.....pray:(

6. chickenpooplady

chickenpooplady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2012
    Ohio
    My Coop
    Will pray

7. chixie

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    her family is trying to get the money together to get her body home and to get the baby tranferred to a hospital in houston. the moms sister is getting temperary custody of the baby

8. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    So sad. I remember when we flew my 34yo stepdads body to Ohio from Fl.That was back in 89 and it was expensive then. I hope the baby will be ok.

9. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    My extended family had to fly my Grandpa from FL to IL and it was nerve wracking. At least he had insurance and burial expenses paid for. The flight was expensive, thats for sure, it was in 87 I believe.

10. chixie

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    DH talked to the mothers brother.. baby is in a regular room now... alcohol; was a factor. the dad had a open beer between his legs and a beer in his pocket. he didnt have a licence. was up til two am the morning of the wreck got up at 6 refused to let the babys mother drive. he was suposedly mentally abusive to the mother. her family tried to get her to leave him but she wouldnt do it. funeral is saturday/ I really hate funerals . I try to avoid them as much as possible. I will be going to this one though. The mothers family are having to fight the dads daughter for custody of the baby

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by