Prayers needed for my husband, in ER, chest pain!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by baltimoreharps, May 29, 2010.

1. baltimoreharps

baltimoreharps Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2009
    Cabarrus Co.
    I'm so worried right now I don't know what to even write...dh has never had any heart problems. He woke up this morning feeling like an elephant was sitting on his chest, clammy,and pain radiating from his jaw to his left elbow. After trying to ignore it for 30 minutes, he finally woke me up and had me call 911. He's at the ER right now after the EMT's did an EKG and it showed some abnormalites. [​IMG]
    I have to stay here with the kids, and he hates to have anyone at the hospital. I just don't know what to do right now, there's no one that I can call and let them know since my mom and his mom have both passed in the last year. We've been married almost 20 years and have known each other half of our lives. I just feel really lost right now and worried. I wouldn't know what to do without him.
    Can you please pray that everything is going to be OK and that dh will not have anything serious happen with his health? Thank you.

2. easton coop

easton coop Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2010
    Winchester UK
    I'm sorry to hear this. You will all be in my thoughts today and however long it takes to get your DH better. Keep us informed on the progress. [​IMG]

3. jerseygirl1

jerseygirl1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY
    prayers said - I hope everything works out OK for both ofyou and yours

4. chixie

chixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    prayers said. and hugs to you.

5. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Put the older kids in charge, and get to the hospital. Sitting home worrying will drive you nuts. Prayers offered.

6. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    prayers sent. start making calls and have the kids watched and get over there you always need an advocate at the hospital please trust me on this. Do not be afraid to ask questions and make them explain everything and what they are doing. Then keep an eye on the nurses and Make sure they do what they are supposed to. Good Luck I understand eactly the fear you are in, it can be crippling but you need to push that down and act as matter of fact as unemotional as possible and just make sure he gets the treatment he needs.

7. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    [​IMG]

8. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Sending thoughts of strength to all of you. Hoping for the very best.

9. bwebb7

bwebb7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2008
    Brooksville, Fl
    omgosh! I bet you are terrified!
    Best wishes for the best outcome. I'm glad he told you and didn't try to ignore it!

10. baltimoreharps

baltimoreharps Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2009
    Cabarrus Co.
    Thank you all for prayers, and advice. Thank you SO very much! [​IMG]

DH has been admitted overnight. He's had 3 rounds of labs, 3 nitro pills and his chest has been hurting all day long. I couldn't leave the younger kids with my oldest, he has Asperger's Autism and doesn't have the best judgement, so my FIL who is a P.A. went to be with dh when the doctor was there and to make sure that everything was to benefit DH and to make him more comfortable. The labs that came back so far show no to low cardiac enzymes and the other bloodwork that is heart related, is looking good also right now.
    Dh didn't get a stress test today before 1 pm when the lab closed, so today was a lot of pain management and getting the test results in. The first time I heard him sound comfortable was after dinner, he sounded like himself for about 15 minutes, then he was getting sleepy again. He doesn't do well with pain meds, so I'm glad that he was spending the time sleeping when he could.

I'm just having a hard time tonight. This is the first time in I don't know how long that DH isn't going to be here at some point during the night. [​IMG] The kids are worried and after losing two grandmothers in 6 months, they are pretty freaked out about Dad being in the hospital overnight. Both Grands passed in the hospital, one who was supposed to be on the mend, and then, well...[​IMG]
    I keep reassuring them that Dad is Ok, and he is so far. They just will need a little time to "get" that.

In the meantime, we're watching mindless movies that don't make you think at all, and the oldest is in his room, on the computer and his phone talking to his friends. He handles stress much differently than NT's, so I just let him do his thing and he will deal with it his way and the rest of us deal with it our way. We've all eaten and are getting ready for bed. He deals best when he doesn't have to talk about it. I just update him with the latest, he nods or says, "OK." and goes about processing the news. He's extrememly verbal and very intelligent, (Think Dr. Temple Grandin) and you have my oldest ds who is 18. Extrememly logical, very intelligent, lousy at emotional empathy. [​IMG]

Thank you all for praying, please if you think of us, continue to pray, send good thoughts and all. [​IMG] Sorry for the ramble, it's been a doozy of a day.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by