Prayers needed - My Dad's Kidney removal *UPDATE - PRAISE*

keeperofthehearth

Songster
12 Years
Nov 3, 2007
podunk... I mean Wabash, IN
My Dad is 86 and has been fighting with bladder cancer for the last two years. Now they find that he has cancer in one of his kidneys. They believe that is where his bladder cancer originated and will be removing the kidney this Wed. Prayers would be appreciated for his surgery, recovery and that the cancer has not spread. He also has some heart issues so that is a bit of a concern thru this surgery. Thanks for your prayers!

I also lost two of my hens this week. SIGH! My BO, Lucy, was 4yrs old and passed last weekend. We had to put down my sweet Australorp, MeToo, today. She just turned two this spring but about 1mo. ago started in a steady decline. I've been hand feeding and watering her w/a dropper for the last week but each day she ate less and just refused to drink much. We thought we'd lose her over a week ago but she hung on getting most of her fluids eating bread soaked in milk & or AVIA Charge water. She quit eating anything I tempted her with two days ago and was only passing fluid once a day. It was a sad day today.

Last edited:
I'm so sorry that you had such a sad day.
sad.png
I will most definitely have your dad in my prayers and you in my thoughts. I hope tomorrow is a better day.
hugs.gif

Keeper, sounds like our lives are paralleling a bit. My dad who turns 87 Thursday just had a leg removed after an aneurysm blew, throwing poisons down his leg and shutting off circulation and I've lost three birds this year for different reasons. I sure wish a speedy and full recovery for your dad. You have my sympathies for the loss of your birds, too. Seems 2008 is a bit bumpy for both of us.
sad.png

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. I'll pray for your father's surgery and for peace for you.

I love your signature.

I want to Thank all of you for your prayers and kind words.
Though I pray my Dad makes it through this surgery I also understand that there is a time and season for everything. I hate to say this but I do see a steady decline in my fathers health, esp. in the last year & though I'd love to see him regain his full health, he isn't 20 or even 40 anymore
smile.png
& I've seen this steady decline more than once in elderly loved ones. I'm not being negative about this but it's something each of us have to face with our elderly parents.
sad.png
I do pray that God, in his Mercy would give us a few more years of my Dads earthly company
fl.gif

understanding that the Lord knows and has a better understanding than I what my father needs.
Cynthia, I've been following your thread about Zane, your other beloved hens and your dad also. You all continue to be in my prayers & I am thankful to our God that your dad has come thru surgery well and that Zane is making some sig. strides in his recover.
clap.gif

I had just been thinking also that we are having a similar bumpy road this 2008.
sad.png
I told my DH it's as if a spring malaise hit my older girls. I have two more girls, one 3 but the other only 1, who seem to be having problems. I wasn't surprised with my Poquita because shes been having egg issues for over a year now but Baby is only 1 and I haven't figured her problem out at all
hu.gif
. She has quit laying for about a month also. I've been making up a half gallon of Avia Charge 2000 everyday and making it availible free choice to both my older girls and all my young'ns. The ducklings adore it
tongue.png
. That has seemed to perk up some of the girls and Poquita's face isn't so gray & wane. I'll keep working at it trust that the Lord will give me some insight. BYC is great and I've learned sooooo much here through you all. I have been spreading my BYC chicken knowledge on to all who will listen.
lau.gif

Again, thank you all for praying for my father. I will now go out into the beautiful sunshine and check on all my feathered friends giving thanks to God for them though the time may be short.
smile.png

I will keep your dad in my prayers. I am waiting for a call from my mom right now. My dad has been in surgery since 7 am eastern time. He is having open heart surgery to have a defribrillator installed. His heart functioning dropped from 25% down to almost 20% and mom called me at 3 am (EST) to tell me they were headed to the hospital.

So...I am drinking coffee, pacing and waiting. I did not even get to bed before she called. So...
hugs.gif

Sorry about your two hens.

I will keep your dad in my prayers. I am waiting for a call from my mom right now. My dad has been in surgery since 7 am eastern time. He is having open heart surgery to have a defribrillator installed. His heart functioning dropped from 25% down to almost 20% and mom called me at 3 am (EST) to tell me they were headed to the hospital.

So...I am drinking coffee, pacing and waiting. I did not even get to bed before she called. So...

Sorry about your two hens.

I am praying for your dad. It must be hard not being able to be there with them. May the Lord Bless you with His peace & rest. You always think of spring as a time of renewal . . let it be that for your dad with Gods Grace and Mercy.​

Back
Top Bottom