Prayers needed!!!! My friends son is in Afganistan... *Update*

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by mylittlechickpea, Dec 31, 2010.

1. mylittlechickpea

mylittlechickpea Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2010
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    My friend's son is in Afganistan, he got deployed maybe a month or two ago. And up until now, so far so good. She even got a call from him on Christmas which made her entire day. Well, right now, my heart aches for her. She got a call from his unit saying he had been in an accident. A wall fell on him. And as of that call yesterday, he was still alive. However, she did not receive any word on his condition and has not heard back from anyone in 16 hours from the initial call. Please pray for Shawna and her son Zach.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2010
  2. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    Praying!

3. mylittlechickpea

May 2, 2010
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Here is a picture of Zach. Upon further facebook investigation... He has a broken leg. But they are not sure if he will be sent home or not. I'm going to go over to her house today, and if I find anything else out I'll let you guys know.

[​IMG]

4. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    Broken leg is bad enough but its a long way from his heart. [​IMG] Thank God for answered prayers! Good looking kid. Will keep praying.

5. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    Praying for him and his unit. It's every military parent's nightmare...the call saying they are injured. But worse is the knock at the door. [​IMG]

Thank you Lord that you returned my daughter to me from Iraq safe and sound this year!!

6. mylittlechickpea

May 2, 2010
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Thanks for the prayers for Shawna and Zach. My friend Shawna had gotten the official call from his unit today. His leg is NOT broken. And he is being returned to his unit tomorrow.

She had gotten a call from someone who had spoken to his father, and somewhere some confusion set in and wrong information was passed along. Zach is alive and well. Nothing broken, just some nice bruises. And he is being returned to his unit in the morning.

Thank you for your prayers.

7. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Awesome news! I hope he gets through the rest of his tour without injury and gets to come home safe and sound!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by