Prayers please for a very sick little girl *Update page 3*

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by PotterWatch, Nov 1, 2011.

1. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    A cousin of mine, 10 year old Casey Jo, is still in the middle of emergency brain surgery. Her Mom went to drop her off at school this morning when she started vomiting violently and screaming about pain in her head. The hospital thought she had a brain bleed and wanted to transfer her to the children's hospital in Denver. The weather wouldn't allow a helicopter to airlift her but apparently they had some arrangement with a private jet and she was flown as quickly as possible. After further tests, they said she has a mass in her brain. They have put in a drain but she still has 6 to 8 hours of surgery left. Please say a prayer for her to pull through!

Update:

Casey is out of surgery and is staying in a special care unit. The doctors said she did well during the surgery and they were able to see the mass and evaluate it. They said the mass is a tangle of blood vessels that have formed a large knot and has put pressure on her brain and caused a buildup of fluid. They will be keeping an eye on her and running tests to make certain she doesn't get an embolism from the surgery. If she does well and doesn't need another surgery to fix an embolism, they will operate again in one or two weeks to try to remove the tangle of blood vessels. The doctor said some people are born with this and some people develop it over time, there is no way to know when it started.

Please keep her in your prayers as she heals from this surgery and faces another.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
  2. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    I've lived through this. They can do miracles these days.

Lots of prayer coming her way and for you and her family.

3. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    I will pray for this child. A dear friend's grand-daughter, 4, is now going through radiation after having a mass removed from her brain stem. Symptoms were the same as you spoke of. It is a horrible thing for anyone to go through, much less a child!

4. BusyBlonde

BusyBlonde Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2011
    Bessemer City, NC
    How awful for the poor little girl - prayers up for her and her family. [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Jamie_Dog_Trainer

Jamie_Dog_Trainer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2008
    Washington State
    [​IMG] She'll be in our prayers.

6. BrattishTaz

BrattishTaz Roo Magnet

Jan 8, 2011
    Tampa Area, Florida
    [​IMG] and [​IMG]

7. Ema

Ema Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2010
    N. Ontario CANADA
    She is in my prayers, as so are you and the rest of the family. Is there an update?

I hope all turns out well, [​IMG]

Ema

8. Stephanie739

Stephanie739 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2011
    prayers here too

9. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

[​IMG] [​IMG]

10. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007