Prayers Please my UE Appeal Hearing Today!!!! UPDATE

Karen I remember when this first happened to you and how upset you were then. You really did not know how you were going to manage or survive this.

You have so far. Be strong. Just a bit longer.

My thoughts will be with you. It is really bad what this guy is putting you through, and you will triumph at the end of all of this.

I don;t know how things work over there, but here in these situations there are only the people involved and the decision makers in the room.

I really really hope it works out well for you tomorrow.

Just keep thinking, that you have made it this far....

fl.gif

Good luck.

Just thought I would update. I called my mom before we left and she prayed with me over the phone.
This idiot made himself look just like an idiot in the Hearing.
His standard answer for some stuff was "I can't remember" when my attorney asked me about the same stuff I was able to recall events.
The HEaring officer took his testimony first. Then my attorney was able to ask questions. This guy pretty much yelled at my attorney at one point, to which my attorney respectfully raised his voice and said "Mr Blank , if you could wait until I finish asking the questions before you try to answer we will not be talking over one another and since this is being recorded it will be easier for Miss Blank to hear"
When the hearing officer asked me questions I was able to give dates and times, contrary to his "not remembering"
He also tried to introduce new "evidence" the officer asked if it was relevant, he said to her integrity. Basically it was likely hearsay from the previous employee who used to be a friend of mine. The HEaring Officer told him it was not relevant to the case, therefore could not be entered.
He got really mad at that, his face was red by this time and he had armpit sweat rings. I was calm polite and collected.
As the officer was closing the hearing, before she was even done talking, he was on his feet and reaching for the door, the officer looked at me and my attorney and kind of rolled her eyes.
He never shook the officers hand or anything. I shintroduced myself and shook her hand in the beginning and also thanked her and shook her hand when we were done.
I still will not know the outcome and he can appeal it, which both I and my attorney fully suspect he will, but I think I at least won the battle today.
Praise the Lord and thanks to all who said prayers.

ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
So glad to hear that your hearing went well! You and your atty sure showed more professionalism than your employer. Good things come to those who wait, so I'm sure you'll prevail. It's so great to have the BYC Prayer Team working full time for ya isn't it??!!
smile.png

My attorney does Unemployment but he also is a Criminal Defense Attorney, so he does very well cross examining people.

I know that likely there is a long road ahead before this is truly over, but I was raised to fight for what I believe and what is right. Besides, I am just Redneck enough to keep going if he appeals, even if I ultimately lose, I will appeal this as much as I can just to cause him grief. I am not vengeful, but truly this is guy is fighting because he is selfish and does not want his UE Insurance rates to go up. According to my attorney, his rates will go up if he loses, but it will be minimal.
I truly think the teo reasons I was fired by him are.

1) I am 46, not exactly skinny, and do not look like a model

2) I am intelligent and I think things are going on in that business that are not kosher, I feel that he was afraid I would find things out

Back
Top Bottom