Prayers Please my UE Appeal Hearing Today!!!! UPDATE

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by lockedhearts, Mar 13, 2009.

1. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Quote:Yes, it definitely is. Pray does change things. My mom prayed this morning that he would be compelled to tell the truth and he actually did tell the truth in some things that my attorney asked, however, the truth contradicts what he said in his initial interview.... HMMMM that can't look good can it???? [​IMG]

2. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    Quote:Maybe she should find out. [​IMG]

Also, who has to pay the attorney fees? Will he be forced to pay the bill if you win?

3. lockedhearts

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Quote:Maybe she should find out. [​IMG]

Also, who has to pay the attorney fees? Will he be forced to pay the bill if you win?

Yes he will have to pay, hmmmm maybe now he is thinking he should have told the truth in the beginning......

4. NancyDz

NancyDz Songster

Oct 9, 2008
    Dutch Flat, CA
    So glad it went well today! [​IMG] I wouldnt say anything to the wife until all this is over,
    he doesnt need more reason to be angry with you. When will you find out the outcome of today's hearing???

Nancy

5. lockedhearts

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Quote:So far everything has taken them about 7-10 days to let me know. I will receive a letter in the mail. I should, once a decision is made go ahead and get what I have claimed so far, 15 weeks at $330 week, now the downside if, and I am sure he will , he appeals and wins, I may have to pay part of that back. I should get a lump sum in a couple days after I am approved (if I am approved)

6. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    I'm praying that you will praise the Lord for his protection and wisdom He gave you and your attorney. That he will continue to fill you both with what needs to be done next. Don't ever stoop to be less than the intelligent Grace filled woman who prays and believes (I'm older than you - smile - I can give old folk's advice....HAHA)

I praise God for all that He has done so far and that by acting so Spirit filled that you are set far apart from those who are you enemies.

Now on a lighter side - prayer said and will continue to pray....Go hug a chicken for me!!!! Whenever you need a prayer warrior call, I'll be glad to be there for me. If you lost my phone number, pm me...

Your Bowdon buddy.

7. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Awesome, Lockedhearts! [​IMG]

8. FrChuckW

FrChuckW Father to all, Dad to none

Sep 7, 2008
    Louisville, KY
    Karen, So sorry to hear that you are having to go through this mess. When I was terminated last year from my job at Wally World for excessive absenteeism according to the new policies I was fortunate to win my case, only because they failed to appeal my claim. I had them dead to rights, even though Kentucky is a Work at Will state, they still have to provide a reason for termination if they are claiming job abandonement or attendance violations. Added to the fact that they waited until almost the end of my shift before they called me into the office, it just po'd the worker off.

You might check with your UE office about the extensions that went into place last year. There were a total of 3 extensions approved, 13 weeks, 7 weeks, and 13 weeks. These are Federally funded and doesn't go against the employer, like your regular UE does. Also, if you succeed in winning your case, you should be getting an extra $25.00 a week up to $2500.00 starting from two weeks ago. And if all else fails, sick your flock of chickens on him to poop all over the place. [​IMG]

I will keep you in my prayers.

9. lockedhearts

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Quote:I wouldn't subject my Chickens to be in his presence, however I need to clean all my stinky brooders and , you know if you add a bit of water to the stinky brooder stuff and let it sit in the hot sun for a day or two...... EEEEWWWWWW, that would stink up anything, I could just toss it all over the front of his business...... LOL

I would never do that but it's nice to think about.

10. chilling in muscadine

chilling in muscadine { I love being disfunctual }

Jun 8, 2008
    muscadine, al.
    Quote:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: