Prayers please... there starting again

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Chickengal505, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Chickengal505

Chickengal505 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2010
    Bolivia N.C
    My dad (who's in his mid 40's) has these migranes. They come and go. They go longer than they stay. But still he hates them. So do I. They just cripple him completey. He cant think, He's in extreme pain, He's throwing up. He cant stand it. He is a STRONG alocholic and yes he's made my life so diffucult. My mother left us (plural my dad and me... she took my brother and sister I just wasnt good enough...) when I was about two or three and we (plural again) moved in with my grandma. She fusses ALOT but she means well and I love her. They fight. ALOT... Sorry im spilling my heart out here i just need to tell somone and I think this is the best way... so anyway we've taken him to the hospital they were no help...the only thing we can do is stand there running a hot rag, cold rag train while he's throwing up in the bathroom... anyone know home remidies to migranes? This is stupid but here let my try an explain how they happen... *ON ------------------------------------------------ ^OFF ___________________________________________________________
    *ON----------------- ^OFF________________________________________________

*(has them every night, whole nine yards, throwing up, extreme pain)

^ (nothing just life as usual)

2. chicks4kids

chicks4kids Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Northern Indiana
    I used to have migraines like this...about 20 a day-seriously. Extremely painful, crippling, and of course, I'll never forget the vomiting. 5 doctors later (1 being my uncle) and they wanted to do surgeries for adnoids, or a surgery for "possibly" this or that, wanted to remove my tonsils,etc.

My husband took me to a kinesiologist in Chicago. I know you're looking for home remedies, but here's my point....a plate had gotten shifted in my head and was causing these migraines. For 3 hours this doctor checked me over and adjusted me several times. That week I had 1 more migraine. Went back the following week, got adjusted again, and haven't had a single migraine since. Now don't think chiropractor, cuz she is, but she's also a natural remedy doctor....no pain pills, or anything like that. It's been 10 years now with not a single migraine. If you have a kinesiologist in your area, you may want to look into it.

3. Chickengal505

Jan 4, 2010
    Bolivia N.C
    Thank you i'll do some googling. Im happy to have a response... I'm a magor thread killer and most the time my threads die before anyone else can post...

4. welasharon

welasharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2010
    North Florida
    I don't know anything about migranes but one thing I do know is that your mom didn't leave you because you weren't good enough. Honey you were too young for anyone to tell if you were good enough or not. I imagine she felt like you were too young for her to be able to care for. My dad was an alcoholic as well. Makes life tough. I am sorry you are having to deal with this.
    sharon

5. Chickengal505

Jan 4, 2010
    Bolivia N.C
    Thank you [​IMG] made me smile... People in my situation get twisted feelings somthimes. Thank you for the post. Like I said before i kill threads my threads are usualy dead before the start...

6. chicks4kids

chicks4kids Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Northern Indiana
    Dr. Morantz is the doctor that trained/taught my doctor. Here is his info. You could call there and possibly find doctors who studied under him near you. maybe they've got a database of practicing doctors...[​IMG] but they could at least point you in the right direction I would think.

Achilly-Morantz Chiropractic Clinic
    16545 Halsted St.
    Harvey, IL 60426

Phone: (708) 331-3329

They're incredibly friendly there.

7. Chickengal505

Jan 4, 2010
    Bolivia N.C
    Thanks i check up on it tomorrow [​IMG]

8. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    They could also be linked to dads drinking problem. Does he tell the doctors that hes an alcoholic?? He needs to be very careful with any meds the doctors give him because of the alcohol mixing with the pills...

9. Patricia Jane

Patricia Jane Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 28, 2010
    Petaluma CA
    So sorry to hear you are going throught such a terrible situation. There isn't much help that I can give you except alittle support. I grew up with alcoholism in my family and I understand your situation. It's horrible. As a kid I can remember my dad getting migranes and the Dr. would come and give him an injection. His seemed to have stopped when he quit drinking. However I to suffer from migranes (I don't drink) and have had 3 in the passed 2 days. I don't always have them. The last was 4 years ago. I have had a battery of tests and they cant seem to find the problem so I take perscripbed meds. when needed.

As far as your mother not thinking you were good enough, I really don't believe that. Could she of left you to care for your father because she knew you were the strong one? I'm sure a day doesnt go by that she does not think of you. Keep your head help high.

10. Chickengal505

Jan 4, 2010
    Bolivia N.C
    Yes i've thought about that... And honesty i dont know i'm just steping into the world of being a teen and dont really know... I dont think he thinks he's an acholic but he is... its sad the last book i checked out of the libray was HOW TO DEAL WITH ACHOLIC PARENTS... It's kinnda hard...Not the book like living with him and all... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by