Praying members.......... please pray !

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by okiechick57, Oct 10, 2007.

1. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

My oldest son ....who is a lost soul.....showed up at my daughter's house...... late the other night.........beat near to death.....she called me , we took him to hospital , he has no broken facial bones.but looks like mike Tyson on a good day..........his so called friend did this to him....he could have been killed [​IMG] .and then they drove him home,which I am SO very grateful for.......... makes no sense.but God is good and had mercy on my son...........please pray that this will make him stop and think about how he is living his life and that I can forget the horrid site of how he looked.........made me sick to my stomach to see his face, my baby....black and blue and swollen......... hanging onto my faith here, my God who promise,that ALL THINGS HAPPEN FOR A REASON. HIS reasons.not ours........... clinging to that right now I am.....thank you for your prayers as sometimes....that is all we have.and it is a great "all"

2. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    Your family will be in my prayers because I know that prayer CAN change things. Hang onto your faith, sometimes it's all we have.

3. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

Okie, sorry to hear about your son. I have a younger sister that sounds like your son, there isn't much you CAN do but pray for them. I'll say an extra prayer at bedtime!

4. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] thank you both...........it so works for good........this experience has made me realize even more how much we need our Heavenly Father,,,,,,,where else can one go with this kind of thing ?

5. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    Oh, Okie, I am so, so sorry. It tears a mother's heart apart when their kids are making mistakes and you can see it but they don't. Hang in there, I will pray for him and for you. We can't live their lives ...it is for them to do but we need to be there to pick up the pieces and give them our love and support. You have our support and prayers... [​IMG]

6. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Oh dear Okie chick.....I DO know where you are coming from. We have a son...who is 23 yrs...and we nicknamed him our "street rat" A few years back....maybe 3 years ago, I was sitting watching tv late one night, home alone....and i hear this LOUD THUMP outside the door. Cautiously I go to the back door, with my dobermans collar in hand...open the door to find my son, "dumped " there on the porch....beaten to a pulp by his " friends" I drug him inside quickly, not knowing if anyone was out there still...and threw him in the tub....and ran water over him to bring him out of it. I was sooo scared. I thin called hubby at work..he said to leave him in the tub, he was on his way home. We got him in bed, and I cared for him for a few days...getting him back to health. Did he learn??? NO. Last week, he came crawling back again...I just dont know wha to do with this son. You have my prayers....I hope he finds his way..and soon!

7. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Oh my Goddess...
    I'll definitely say prayers for your son, Okie. And yours too Deb.

8. nccatnip

nccatnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2007
    Piedmont area NC
    On my list..........................

9. 2mnypets

2mnypets Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2007
    Galesburg, IL.
    They are both on my list as well. Hugs for you both [​IMG]

10. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    Okie, I'm sorry to hear about your son. I will pray for him to find the right path in life and to get strong and healthy. I have a brother that is now about 40 that has FINALLY found his way. He has been in and out of prison for drugs. He is finally on the straight and narrow. He had to do this for his boys. I used A LOT of tough love on him and did not talk to him while in prison. We are close now, even though he lives in East Texas and we live in North Texas. I am very proud of him. He has learned the very hard way. I pray that your son does not wait until he is 40 to START a new life. Through prayers anything is possible so never give up on him just be there [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by