Pre-order Chicks for 2009!

silkieluver_07

Songster
11 Years
Jan 31, 2008
Pennsylvania
Hey everyone,

This summer I really got into breeding chickens and had so many replies and not enough chickens! So I want to get a preorder list going. Pickup only at this time or if your pretty close, we can meet somewhere. I'm located in Waynesboro, PA, 17268. My website is www.freewebs.com/poultrylanefarm

Thanks,
Hannah

D.gif
:cdI am looking for a super-quiet young white silky hen in the New York City or Jersey Shore area. I have a half-grown white silky hen and hope they can warm each other and help each other get through the winter ( of course they can always come in the basement). I live in a historical Brooklyn brownstone. My yard is completely fenced in- there is a large Victorian flower garden and an entire yard organic vegetable garden. Their roosting box will be kept in the greenhouse over the winter enabling them to stay warm and they will have daily treats ( freshly cracked corn) and lots of petting. The little hen, Friendly, is the star attraction for the neighbor's toddler children. They save their breakfast cereal and fruit for her every day and feed her over the fence. She eats out of their tiny hands. The only other pet is a declawed very peaceful Persian cat who happily shares his yard but is mostly in the house. Thanks!

Hello, Ava. Our farm is located around 5 miles from the Maryland border. I hope you find a friend for your girl! Let me know if you need anything else.
big_smile.png

<SIGH> We got the Delightful Dozen in April this year. We already have a "few" more than code allows. (I am going to talk to my neighbor about a chicken sharing project). If we combine our square footage and I share the eggs - she "owns" and "keeps" 6 and I do the same. Then we meet the code and she gets eggs free. LOL

The problem, we already have a list of chicken breeds we want to get "next time".

Humm, I wonder how many neighbors I can "co-op" into this. We could have cute little chicken gates from yard to yard that extends along the block....LOL.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom