ChooksChick

BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist
15 Years
Aug 17, 2008
Larry, KS
My Coop
My Coop
I'm relisting!

Here are a few shots of one of my blue pullets just growing into her 14th week. I love the lacing my blues get. Sorry about the quality of the shots, as they're from my phone and the sun was setting, which harshified everything! She is still leggy and a skinny pre-teen, but I expect she'll get to be gorgeous like the rest.

14596_orpbluevelvet.jpg

14596_orpbluevelvetfuzzy.jpg

Next to one of the Silkied Ameraucanas

14596_orpbluevelvetrake.jpg

14596_orpbluevelvetside.jpg

14596_orplavenderpullet1.jpg

14596_orpisabelf1pullethose.jpg

The following is a porcelain d'Uccle, who is young enough to have very little white showing at the tips of his feathers, so imagine this coloring on an Orp, and you'll understand what Isabel will look like.

14596_orpporcelainducclerooupright.jpg

>>

This pen is mixed for the Winter and as I separate, I'll sell eggs since their production has picked up. Some of the pics show birds other than Orps, but those are older pics, and these have been Orps only for months. My birds are big, heavy, friendly, productive layers, and we select for size, shape and temperament. The color projects will be separated in March.

We have 6 Isabel F1s, which will produce either an incomplete Gold-Laced Split to Lavender or Isabels. We have Lavenders, Blue, Splash, and Lavender Split. All eggs will be split to or showing Lavender. These are housed together. I will provide 8+ fresh eggs, based on what they give me. The previous winners each got 12.

Because this is a mixed pen, I'm starting the eggs low, but keeping the auction short, so keep an eye on it!!

14596_img_20101102_163315.jpg

14596_img_20101214_144942.jpg

14596_img_20110102_164418.jpg

14596_isabelhen.jpg

14596_img_20101102_163321.jpg

14596_img_20101214_145255.jpg

14596_img_20101214_145159.jpg

<<

Last edited:
Quote:
...actually, he's the favorite cockerel and the ladies pluck his beard...it used to be huge and dangled down his chest...but then the girls thought they needed to see him clean-shaven.

I wondered if I'd catch flack about that when I posted the pic- shows there are always folks on their toes on BYC! I love you guys!

Quote:
...actually, he's the favorite cockerel and the ladies pluck his beard...it used to be huge and dangled down his chest...but then the girls thought they needed to see him clean-shaven.

I wondered if I'd catch flack about that when I posted the pic- shows there are always folks on their toes on BYC! I love you guys!

wow because his stance is just like my booteds, not my d'Uccles, that's why I figured he was a booted, He's still beautiful

That's a booted, not a D'Uccle. If he were bearded, he would have a decent sized, showy dewlap and hardly any wattles if none at all. Plus, his hackles would be very full of volume!
smile.png

LOVE the Lav in the main photo. Best looking Lavender Orpington pullet I've ever seen.

Quote:
I swear- they're all d'Uccles! You can see his girls' beards behind him- they aren't yet point of lay, so that's why the appearance isn't right- I'll dig up some shots before they plucked him. I keep lots of different d'Uccles, and understand what you mean, but he's right, just young.

...and I'm honored to hear your opinion of my Lav girls. I have been improving like mad, and I think the work is really starting to show.

I'll give these tired photos a rest and get some new shots taken so folks can see how nicely everyone is looking these days.
love.gif

Quote:
I am getting about 4 or 5 Isabel eggs daily. I can't tell them from the others, but know they are the newest layers, so the smaller eggs are generally theirs.

This means you'll likely get 6 or 7, as I'm getting ~10 eggs from that coop daily.

Quote:
I am getting about 4 or 5 Isabel eggs daily. I can't tell them from the others, but know they are the newest layers, so the smaller eggs are generally theirs.

This means you'll likely get 6 or 7, as I'm getting ~10 eggs from that coop daily.

So I should be seeing somewhere around a dozen of those?
th.gif

wee.gif

Quote:

So I should be seeing somewhere around a dozen of those?
th.gif

wee.gif

Yep! I think I got a Lav Mottled in this last hatch...waiting for it to fluff up!!

Back
Top Bottom