Predator control products

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by smoothmule, Apr 16, 2012.

1. smoothmule

smoothmule Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2008
    Buffalo, Missouri
    I have not used this product or any other, I have my Texas Heeler dogs for protection here but I came across some people using this and they said it worked so well so I thought I'd start a thread for sharing links and information on predator control products, the kind you buy (not just ideas about how to keep them away)

Post products here with links to where they can be bought and if you have or are using it, tell your experiences with it, the good and bad.

I'll start with this one, Nite Guard. I have no review to share and have never tried it. Here is the link to the website but I see there are some on Ebay

http://www.niteguard.com/

2. littlecritters

littlecritters Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2012
    New York
    Thanks for the link. The NiteGuard product looks very good. We are just setting up our coop and run...this product may be very helpful.
    Tina

3. Henrisue

Henrisue New Egg

May 9, 2012
    My hens free range. I was bothered almost every night by possum invading the house where they roost. We lost several to foxes until I wrapped Christmas lights around the open coop where they roost at night. I wrapped a string of lights two times around the little house. I leave them on 24/7. One of my hens likes to roost on a patio chair outside this open coop, so my daughter and I decided to wrap Christmas light all along the fence that surrounds the back yard. (Fox got through it before) Since doing this we have not been disturbed by any predators at night and more importantly, not lost anymore hens! [​IMG]

4. littlecritters

littlecritters Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2012
    New York
    What a great idea to use Christmas lights! Thanks for sharing.:)
    Tina

5. destinduck

destinduck obsessed with "ducks"

Mar 20, 2008
    n.w.FLORIDA
    25 bucks Ace hardware. Cheap and easy to install. Best bird protecter Ive ever found. Period. One strand on top around your pen for air predators and a strand around the bottom of your pen for coons,squirrels rats or whatever. No more worrying about most predators ever again. [​IMG]

6. GA_Gypsy

GA_Gypsy Out Of The Brooder

Apr 8, 2011
    N. Georgia
    I have Christmas lights in my coop but turn them off when I tuck them in. Do you think keeping them on would help to keep rats away too? They have been getting really bad lately.

7. GA_Gypsy

GA_Gypsy Out Of The Brooder

Apr 8, 2011
    N. Georgia
    Oh, and same question goes for the Nite Guard as well. Would love to know if if scares rats. Probably not mine, they're getting extremely fierce.

8. marina24dog

marina24dog Out Of The Brooder

Are they the kind you put on a christmas tree or your house?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by