Predator or disease?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by whychickens2, Mar 23, 2017.

1. whychickens2

whychickens2 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 20, 2016
    florida
    Hello all!
    I came home today and noticed one of my hens was sitting down moving her head really oddly when she would walk. Shes really weak a sluggish. I seperated her gave her food a water. I did put some chicks down last week thst id gotten from a lady who seemed like they had possible MG.... Is this MG or an attack from a predator? She has a really red raw area by her ear and is missing feathers around her neck on the same side? Please advise![​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Silvia2234

Silvia2234 Chillin' With My Peeps

It couldn't be a predator. It would have killed her probably. The marking reminds mw of what my hens used to do. They would pluck thier feathers. No bloodshed just pluck out feathers. I would monitor the flock. Maybe her flockmate could have made her depressed. IDK. She seems healthy.

3. Silvia2234

[​IMG]
    Her flockmates plucked her beard.

4. whychickens2

whychickens2 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 20, 2016
    florida

Aww!! Im wondering if she got in a fight with one of the other birds beat her up. I came home a she was star gazing like she couldnt move her neck and would just lay there..... Its taken me two days to even get her to somewhat eat and move her neck.... Im still not sure if shes going to make it... Her flock mate also is lethargic and has a hole in her chest with dead skin around it ive been doctoring it up. I have no idea what happened but i hope they make it!

5. Silvia2234

that's never fun

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by