Predator watch...

Athiena14

Crowing
5 Years
Feb 23, 2018
St. Robert MO
I am currently on watch for something big. Something has taken out a male goose and 2 turkey hens in 2 separate attacks. No feathers no sign of fight except with the goose, being a female got injuries to neck and head. She is surviving.

The hen had been up 4 1/2 feet up when snatched.

Any ideas what it might be? I'm in Missouri. The biggest things we have usually around me are coyotes, bobcat and mountain lion. Whatever it was has not touched dead chicks near the edge of the woods.

I am currently on watch for something big. Something has taken out a male goose and 2 turkey hens in 2 separate attacks. No feathers no sign of fight except with the goose, being a female got injuries to neck and head. She is surviving.

The hen had been up 4 1/2 feet up when snatched.

Any ideas what it might be? I'm in Missouri. The biggest things we have usually around me are coyotes, bobcat and mountain lion. Whatever it was has not touched dead chicks near the edge of the woods.
Have you seen foxes in your area?

They are sneaky, do a killing bite quickly, and take away the entire carcass. They can climb and have no problem with carrying a dead chicken or duck over a four foot fence, in my experience.

I have seen a red fox attack a rabbit and pull all the fur off before carrying it off and I have also seen a red fox take an entire prey and leave no trace.
I would lean toward a fox.

So sorry for your loss. My suggestion would be to put up a game camera. Most likely whatever it was will be back and has probably been lurking looking for an opportunity and found one. With a camera you will probably see what has been lurking and the possible killer. Anyone of the predators you mentioned in your previous post could have been the culprit. Good luck...

Back
Top Bottom