Predators on Trail Cam

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by keeperofthechickens, Aug 15, 2007.

1. keeperofthechickens

keeperofthechickens Out Of The Brooder

Mar 1, 2007
    Twin Cities, MN
    You never know what's lurking in your woods. Butchered 10 chickens this weekend and left the feathers and entrails out with my trail cam set up to see what is in my woods.

[​IMG]

this first pic I thought was a coyote, but you can see a red collar

[​IMG]

Then his buddy came and joined
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Must be some distant neighbors dogs.

Now for the night shots

[​IMG]

Mr or Mrs Coyote

[​IMG]

And an opossum for clean up. right corner

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 15, 2007
  2. cheepchicks

cheepchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2007
    Indiana
    Really cool pictures. Neighbors need to do something about their dogs. I would round them up take them to humane society.

Kim

3. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    I hope you don't mind, I took the liberty of running the night pics through an enhancer
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Wow, as cool as those pics are.....dont you think you are drawing in trouble? I mean...I know they ( dogs and cyotes) already smell your chickens....but giving the a tasty treat enticeing them in closer? I would be scared. Hope you have electric fencing around your chicken run. Be safe!

5. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    Quote:That's what I was thinking to me that would be a appetizer before the meal.

6. keeperofthechickens

Mar 1, 2007
    Twin Cities, MN
    Yeah I am not too happy about the dogs, at least I have documented pics if they cause trouble

I don't really think I am drawing in trouble as that is probably their range anyways. My garbage and chickens would draw them in anyways if I go with that theory.

I have saw the coyotes hunting rabbits before in my back yard. It was pretty neat actually

The chickens have a fully enclosed 16X24 fly pen and then I let them out to range when I am home for the evening once in a while

7. lacyloo

lacyloo Cooped Up

May 26, 2007
    north florida
    um is the camera ur using a wild view extreame 2 ,, cause i have on that looks alot like ur pics, ,,, just bieng nosey

8. keeperofthechickens

Mar 1, 2007
    Twin Cities, MN
    I am actually not sure what the brand name is. If I ever got another one, I get one with a display screen on it so you can see the pics without downloading them on to the cpu.

9. lacyloo

lacyloo Cooped Up

May 26, 2007
    north florida
    yea i want th kind that atamatacly sends them to ur computer without u haveing to go chech it they are really expensie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by