Predators on Trail Cam

keeperofthechickens

In the Brooder
12 Years
Mar 1, 2007
Twin Cities, MN
You never know what's lurking in your woods. Butchered 10 chickens this weekend and left the feathers and entrails out with my trail cam set up to see what is in my woods.

dog1.jpg

this first pic I thought was a coyote, but you can see a red collar

dog2.jpg

Then his buddy came and joined
bothdogs.jpg

bothdogs2.jpg

Must be some distant neighbors dogs.

Now for the night shots

coyote2.jpg

Mr or Mrs Coyote

coyote1.jpg

And an opossum for clean up. right corner

oposum.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, as cool as those pics are.....dont you think you are drawing in trouble? I mean...I know they ( dogs and cyotes) already smell your chickens....but giving the a tasty treat enticeing them in closer? I would be scared. Hope you have electric fencing around your chicken run. Be safe!

Yeah I am not too happy about the dogs, at least I have documented pics if they cause trouble

I don't really think I am drawing in trouble as that is probably their range anyways. My garbage and chickens would draw them in anyways if I go with that theory.

I have saw the coyotes hunting rabbits before in my back yard. It was pretty neat actually

The chickens have a fully enclosed 16X24 fly pen and then I let them out to range when I am home for the evening once in a while

I am actually not sure what the brand name is. If I ever got another one, I get one with a display screen on it so you can see the pics without downloading them on to the cpu.

Back
Top Bottom