Pregnancy bedrest..... any suggestions to ease the boredom??????

babylady4

Mother Goose
14 Years
Mar 30, 2009
Central WI
I am posting this for a friend of mine; pregnant with twins and 32 weeks along. She has been on bedrest for over 2 weeks and it is getting old....

Any suggestions for entertainment? She is tired of watching TV, Movies, reading, knitting...... she is in a slump and is going to be in bed for possibly another 4 weeks.......

Thanks!

I HATED it...
It was well... over 16 years ago now
sad.png

I watched a LOT of ER and worked crossword puzzles, read... etc... Snuck out of bed LOTS (always I have to use the potty excuse)

Sudoku if she likes puzzles and math...

Or... get her on BYC... can't seem to pull myself away.

EDITED: scrapbooks is a WONDERFUL idea...

Last edited:
I was on bedrest for 2 weeks and that was long enough- they delivered at 37 weeks or it would have been longer

I played a lot of games online, read books, worked on the baby book, wrote a letter to my unborn daughter...

organized recipes, watched movies, bossed DH around and slept ALOT.

I was on bedrest at the beginning and at the end of my first pregnancy. I was stuck in my room where only PBS came in on the television. I do like PBS for some things, but can't watch it all day long! I am sorry for your friend. It is the pits! I did many of the same things that were mentioned already. Best wishes to your friend!

laptop & internet connection.
nintendo DS and some puzzle games.

(I had months of rest...)

and people to talk to breaks the day up for her

Internet!! I had four weeks bed rest 11 years ago (yikes!) dial up and all I stayed sane by finding a forum of moms to chat with. There actually was a bed rest forum at the time but dang if I can find it now......

That reminds me of what Marie Killilea, the author of Karen, did when on bedrest: she tacked up a target over the small altar in her bedroom, and practiced target shooting with an air rifle!

If she has a laptop, kongregate.com has a LOT of free games of all genres. I like the "Elephant" games
smile.png

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Yes she has her laptop and a Nook. She knits but does not scrapbook.

She is on a magnesium drip so it kind of makes her loopy; but I like the idea of a target on the opposite wall! Maybe a nerf gun...... the loopyness makes it difficult to keep reading or watching TV for long sessions.

I will pass along the link to the computer game site.

Back
Top Bottom