Pregnancy question....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Barnyard, Jun 8, 2008.

1. Barnyard

Barnyard Addicted to Quack

Aug 5, 2007
    Southwest Georgia
    I was wondering if there was anybody out there who has gotten pregnant after having there tubes tied, and what there symptoms were?

2. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    Well, my friend thought she was and it turns out you have a 1 in a 100 chance of things growing back. But also a higher chance for ectopic pregnancy. You should Google this for more info and check with a doc if you think this may be so.

3. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

* It can happen, and it can be ectopic-- DO NOT WAIT IF YOU THINK IT HAS!!! Late or missed period, breast tenderness, nausea, morning sickness, "boggy" bloated feeling (like you may start your period any second- but don't), sensitivity to scents or food odors. Just to start. If the egg has affixed into the fallopian tube, it can bust the tube VERY EARLY and cause serious abdominal pain on the side it occurs and possible bleed-out/DEATH. DO NOT WAIT-- EVEN IF NOT SURE!!! HIT AN E.R.!!!

Last edited: Jun 8, 2008
  4. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

I think you should call your Dr. asap. They can do a blood test to confirm or deny.

5. Barnyard

Aug 5, 2007
    Southwest Georgia
    WOW, you guy's are quick.
    You would think after 4 kids that I would know a little bit about pregnancy. I had my tubes tied, well not tied but what they call "rings" put on 4 years ago. I did have my "monthly" last month. Just ended almost 3 wks ago. Every since then I have been cramping. Now I know it is not time for "my friend" to visit again. My husband has noticed a few "physical" changes in me, and I have felt a little sick on my stomach a couple of morning'sand I did have a little bit of spotting after my monthly. I don't want to overreact, and go running to the doc. if there is no reason.
    My baby is starting school this year. I would love to have another baby, if that is what the Lord has planned for me. I am however scared that it will be ectopic.

6. okiemommy

okiemommy Mother of 5, Prisoner to None

May 26, 2008
    Okla-Homa
    I would get it checked out. If it becomes ectopic (SP??) it is very serious. good luck and God Bless!

7. Linda in San Diego

Linda in San Diego Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2008
    San Diego
    Time to either pee on a stick or go to the doctor. Babies are cute, but once the "youngest" has started kindergarten - the whole diaper/feeding thing is not so charming!

Best wishes!

Last edited: Jun 8, 2008
  8. Barnyard

Aug 5, 2007
    Southwest Georgia
    Thanks!

I know what you mean. That is one thing I do not miss about having a baby in the house....dirty diapers...[​IMG]

9. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Quote:But there could be a reason and I'm sure the doctor would want you to be safe rather than sorry. Even if you just saw your family doctor instead of the OB, I'm sure he/she could get bloodwork done.

10. love-my-wolves

love-my-wolves Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Front Royal, VA
    Well, I had mine done 6 years ago, and 3 months ago I was 3 weeks late, and in major denial. Well, I finally did a test, and neg! Then, 3 days later, did another test, neg! So I made an appt. My DR was a real jerk, and never even did anything! He pushed on my pelvic bone (not my abdomen) and said I was starting! Well, I did start, but not normal. Come to find out, I had a miscarrage, and my DR did/said nothing!!! He said that it couldn't happen (he did my tubal) and that I should be put on meds to bring on my "friend". I think not!!! When I passed the "evidence", I was in shock! But, it would be welcome if I were to be able to conceive again. My advice (after my rant, sorry) is to get a test, see your DR, and if you feel anything off, see another DR. But don't wait!!!!!!! Get a move on it, ectopic is nothing to play with. Good luck!!! Steph

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by