Pregnant Barn cat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sixbirds6

Chirping
Mar 7, 2018
Michigan
I was planning on getting her fixed, but before I could I got pretty sick (bronchitis, almost pneumonia) and wasn't able to work or do anything.

So now I have kittens on the way. I'm hoping to find them homes and she will be fixed.
Does anyone have advice for me as she gets closer to her due date? I am getting kitten food for her, KMR powder, nursing bottles, etc.

Edit: I know I could've done a spay which would've aborted her babies. But that felt wrong.

I was planning on getting her fixed, but before I could I got pretty sick (bronchitis, almost pneumonia) and wasn't able to work or do anything.

So now I have kittens on the way. I'm hoping to find them homes and she will be fixed.
Does anyone have advice for me as she gets closer to her due date? I am getting kitten food for her, KMR powder, nursing bottles, etc.

Edit: I know I could've done a spay which would've aborted her babies. But that felt wrong.
Thank you!!! i hate it when people abort any type of babies!!!

Just let her do her thing. She'll likely go hide someplace to have her kittens. After she has them, she'll feed them so the nursing bottles and KMR powder (if that's kitten milk replacer) aren't necessary. They won't be eating kitten food until they are at least a month old.

If you do not want that many cats on your place you could try your state thread (or one close to you if you are in a border town) after the kittens are born and advertise barn cats, 'cause I am sure momma will teach them to be good mousers.

Just make sure to get her fixed soon after she has them or she will get pregnant again…. and get the kittens fixed before yo
Depending on how many she has, it may be up to $400 to get them all fixed. While I understand what you mean, unless I offer them with an "adoption" price, that is quite alot.
I have 2 people wanting kittens so far.

Depending on how many she has, it may be up to $400 to get them all fixed. While I understand what you mean, unless I offer them with an "adoption" price, that is quite alot.
I have 2 people wanting kittens so far.
That's great that 2 are already spoken for, since she is a feral cat, does your area have a free spay program if you bring the cat in and release it where you it came from, or will they pick it up, spay and return it free of charge. Our city has one of these programs.

That's great that 2 are already spoken for, since she is a feral cat, does your area have a free spay program if you bring the cat in and release it where you it came from, or will they pick it up, spay and return it free of charge. Our city has one of these programs.
They have a "barncat" program. She isn't necessarily feral, just a barn baby.
Still, each kitten would be about $45.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom