Pregnant bunny help

lisa82

In the Brooder
5 Years
Sep 24, 2014
Livonia NY
Advise?
I have a rabbit that is very pregnant 30 days now. This is her first pregnancy. Not eating or drinking and is very bottom heavy to the point she does not want to move. She whimpers a lot but is not having contractions at all. She has stopped eating and drinking for a 1 1/2 days now and has not nested at all, I don't think she can. I called her vet yesterday and they where full now I have to wait until Monday! Has anybody had this happen to them? I can't go to long with out seeing her eat or drink! She won't even take her favorite treats :(
Body temp is 104.4
She is inside the house in a quiet dim lighted room
The buck is outside in his own pen
I can feel the kits when I palpated her

Some rabbits won't make a nest until she has the baby's make sure she has some hay or a blanket for her to use to make a nest keep food and water close to her so she can have it when she wants it she should be having the baby's any day know

Many see if she will eat an apple all rabbits I have ever had loves Apple's one of my rabbits would eat only apples when she was dying

Thank you Autumn
I have tried everything from apples, bananas, carrots, celery, spinach, pumpkin and romaine lettuce. She turns her head and grinds her teeth. She has plenty of hay and a nesting box, her food is fresh daily even if she hasn't touched it, everything is within reach to her. right now she has pushed herself between the side of the cage and nesting box.
Poor girl looks so uncomfortable
I hope they come soon!

Back
Top Bottom