Pregnant goat?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by abbymckinn, Dec 5, 2013.

1. abbymckinn

abbymckinn Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2013
    San Antonio, TX
    Hey! We have a nubian doe that we bought maybe a month and a half ago, we were told she was bred. But she isn't showing any signs yet!! She was supposed to be due in Dec, but we aren't sure if she will. She hasn't showed any signs of heat, but did try and mount our other doe today, but I think she was playing cause we where running around. Any suggestions would be really appreciated! Thanks!!

2. The Farm

The Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2013
    Luther, OK
    Do you have any pictures of her lately??? And you should be able to feel the kids on her right side facing the some way.

3. cassie

cassie Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2009
    Try standing behind the doe and clasping your hands together under her belly just in front of the udder. Push up sharply. You should be able to feel the kids when they come down. Is there any chnage in her udder, particularly at the top? What does her vulva look like? It should look kind of cushiony. Hope this helps.

4. abbymckinn

Aug 17, 2013
    San Antonio, TX
    Thanks for replying! I will go take a bunch of pictures of her, we do think she is getting fatter though..

5. abbymckinn

Aug 17, 2013
    San Antonio, TX
    Ok, I pushed up on her belly, I might have felt something.. But I'm not sure. She keeps kicking with her back legs a little, and looking t her stomach like its weird. This is also her first time having a kid.. Her utter looks a little thicker at the top than it used to. [​IMG]

6. cassie

cassie Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2009
    Are you sure she is due in December? She doesn't look like she is to me but my own goats have fooled me more than once. My guess is that if she is pregnant she is due later. Just watch the udder. If it continues to change that is a good indication of pregnancy.

7. abbymckinn

Aug 17, 2013
    San Antonio, TX
    Ok, I will. Thanks agin for all of y'all's help!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by