pregnant nanny

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by highfallshenhouse, May 11, 2009.

1. highfallshenhouse

highfallshenhouse New Egg

May 11, 2009
    I was hoping someone could help me figure how far along my pregnant pygmy goat is . Here's a little background on her, I got her from a guy who said she may be pregnant that was about 2 months ago and he said on the day I got her that he had a billy in with all his young nannies up until about a month ago. So if his billy got with her she could be pretty far along. Also when I first got her she did'nt have any sign of a milk sack but her belly was wide and rounded. I immediately thought she's pregnant but then a neighbor told me she might need a good worming. So after the worming her belly went down dramatically now she seems to be getting her belly back and I noticed a couple of days ago she has a milk sack that just dropped. She's been with a two year old billy ever since I've had her. I suppose I also started noticing a chang e in the billy's behaviour about a month ago. He is one of the most gently goats I've ever seen but lately when I come near the goats he wants to ram me. He has acted very protective of her for about the past month. And he is always trying to uhhh....well you know trying to get with her. (trying to keep it clean) Any suggestions/thoughts would be very helpful because these are my first two goats.

2. bheila

bheila Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2008
    Kent, Wa
    Pictures of her pooch/vulva, belly and udder would help.

3. highfallshenhouse

highfallshenhouse New Egg

May 11, 2009
    I'll try to get some photos tonight when I get home from work.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by