pregnant turkey

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by S n M Poultry, Dec 21, 2007.

1. S n M Poultry

S n M Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2007
    Riverside,CA
    You guys gotta see this its so funny

2. eggcetra_farms

eggcetra_farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2007
    San Antonio, TX
    That's funny people would be so stupid. Also, this seems like a common prank because I saw at least 2 similar videos.

This reminds me of my husband's step mother (stepMIL?). She's one of the most airheaded people I know. Apparently 2 Thanksgiving's ago they got on the subject of turkeys and egg laying. I was told she said, "Turkeys don't lay eggs! God, I'm not that stupid!" Aw man, wish I was there.......good times.

Oh, I forgot to mention she TEACHES! :eek:

Last edited: Dec 21, 2007
  3. Blisschick

Blisschick not rusty

Feb 20, 2007
    Shepherd, Texas
    Turkeys don't lay eggs? Well, they sure don't give birth to cornish hens! [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. S n M Poultry

S n M Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2007
    Riverside,CA
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    thats funny

5. Kentucky~Momma

Kentucky~Momma Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2007
    South Central Kentucky
    Quote:[​IMG] I am hoping she doesn't teach science... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

[​IMG] That's as bad as the lady who almost starved chicks to death because she didn't feed them. She said their mother's milk dried up.... [​IMG]

7. Kentucky~Momma

Kentucky~Momma Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2007
    South Central Kentucky
    Quote:You have got to be kidding me.... [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Nope. Some people are just too uninformed in the ways of the world, I guess, LOL. Scary, huh?

9. eggcetra_farms

eggcetra_farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2007
    San Antonio, TX
    That milk thing is really bad...LOL

Yeah, his step mother says some doozies. First of all, she thought you needed a rooster to have eggs (this is common, I know). I told her that they will lay eggs regardless, you only need the rooster to fertilize the eggs. (Here's where it gets hysterical) Anyhow, we're discussing this, and my husband's sister-in-law is sitting there too. His SM (Linda) says to me, "Oh wow, how do they do that?" To which his SIL gets this look on her face like someone's walked up to her and smacked her out of the blue. Just pure shock. There's a pause, because I'm not quite sure Linda just asked me what she did....... All of a sudden the SIL just blurts out, "They have SEX Linda!!!" OMG I almost hit the floor!!! I kept a straight face, but I thought I was literally going to have to have my insides sewn back together. Aw man..... Who needs to have it laid out in front of them how roosters fertilize eggs?!

Anyhow, now whenever anyone says something really stupid the response is "yeah I know...turkeys don't lay eggs." It's just a really great inside joke. I could go on and on about the "wisdom" of Linda.

(BTW, she doesn't teach science but she works with fairly young kids. Early elementary I believe. They are probably smarter than she is LOL)

10. NewHopePoultry

NewHopePoultry Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2007
    Troy,Missouri
    I had a lady come over to pick up a rabbit, and when we walked around the ducks pen, I told her that I had one duckling in there, and she asked me if I had known that the mom was pregnant with it,lol.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by