Premier 1 netting

Augie1

Chirping
Aug 18, 2020
I'm thinking of getting the Poultry Net 12/48/3 kit 164ft with double spike netting and 4 support posts. My worry is that my ground is really tough and hard. I've tried using fiberglass poles in my ground and they just break and don't get a good grip. Are the poles that come in good quality? What are the best ways to ground the posts? Should I get the less movable version of the poultry net?

I've tried using fiberglass poles in my ground and they just break and don't get a good grip.

I have no opinion on the Premier Netting. I can however advise you on the installation of poles into difficult/hard ground.
Get a set of such drill bits, and drill hole into ground. It should go into hard ground rather simply/easily. If you encounter a stone, then move over a few inches and try again. Much better than encountering a stone with pole, and breaking as result.
image_2020-11-30_010650.png

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and:welcome

I have no opinion on the Premier Netting. I can however advise you on the installation of poles into difficult/hard ground.
Get a set of such drill bits, and drill hole into ground. It should go into hard ground rather simply/easily. If you encounter a stone, then move over a few inches and try again. Much better than encountering a stone with pole, and breaking as result.
View attachment 2430726
WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and:welcome
Thanks

I love my Premier 1 netting. I've got the 100-foot kit with the solar charger.

The poles I have are shod with a metal piece that has two spikes which you step on to drive them in. My ground, though pure sand, tends to be packed hard and can be hard to put the spikes into so I move the fence right after a rain when it's softer.

I'm thinking of getting the Poultry Net 12/48/3 kit 164ft with double spike netting and 4 support posts. My worry is that my ground is really tough and hard. I've tried using fiberglass poles in my ground and they just break and don't get a good grip. Are the poles that come in good quality? What are the best ways to ground the posts? Should I get the less movable version of the poultry net?
I used a 3 ft t-shaped grounding rod from Gallagher fencing for grounding which made it simpler to hammer in, for me at least. I have 100 ft of the poultry netting. I'm glad I got the double spiked because you can step on them to push them in. Also as 3killerbs said, right after a rain, they are easier to put in and to take out. So not sure of your location but we've had a lot of rain lately.

Back
Top Bottom