aart

Chicken Juggler!
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Nov 27, 2012
SW Michigan
My Coop
My Coop
Any opinions on whether green or white Premier Poultry Netting is better and why?

Green seems more ascetically pleasing for humans, but would the visibility of the white make it more effective and less likely that the untargeted are shocked?

I'm curious to see responses on this. I just purchased some electric netting in white with my reason being visibility, I've never actually seen a green one in person.

I am also curious about this. I have had one fox attack, and I'm sure either colour will keep foxes at bay, but my main predators are aerial. I'm considering getting electric fencing and making one long 3ft wide run along beside a 6ft fence. Hopefully hawks will not be clever enough to fly into the channel and be deterred by seeing the fence. Green would look nicer, but I don't want unwitting hawks to fly into the net and collapse it. So maybe I should get white?

Ha, funny to see this come up!!......2 years and only 2 responses.

I never did get any poultry netting....but was at a buddies the other day, and the white is much easier to see. Not sure that helps the animals but sure helps the humans avoid walking into it, night and day.

For what it’s worth, I am at Home Depot right now agonizing over silver vs. green and your visibility point just made my decision for me -- so thank you! :)

My poultry netting is yellow. Very visible. Years ago we had white. I'd rather have visible white than non visible green. After all, the purpose is to keep predators out and once they get zapped you want it to be very obvious the where the electric monster is.

Back
Top Bottom