Preparing to set call and pekin duck eggs! Hatch day should be March 4, 2021 if all goes well!

Pics

FunnyfarmMidwest

Call Duck obsessed! 🦆💕
Mar 14, 2020
Hello all! I am preparing to set 4 pekin/crested mix and 10-12 call duck eggs this Saturday! I have hatched Pekins for years with good luck but haven’t had good luck with calls. Last spring I had one call duckling make it all the way to hatch day but never internally pip and die. I also had one that I had to assist in hatching because it was backwards That little fella sadly had some defects and didn’t make it. His leg was fused at the joint and he couldn’t move it. I’m hoping to have a good hatch this time around. These eggs are from my own flock. I have black bibbed, pastel, grey, white, blue fawn, snowy, and blue fawn pied. I have collected them daily and have marked dates + hens on each egg. The oldest one is from January 31, 2021. I have been storing them at room temp ( around 55 degrees). I have stored them air cell up and have rotated them once daily. I started my incubator yesterday, checked the temp (it is a forced air nr 360), and I salt tested my hygrometer and double checked the humidity. The readings on the incubator are correct. It is running stable at 99.5 degrees and the humidity is around 47. I am going to put the pekin eggs in tonight and the call eggs on Saturday because the calls usually take 26 days and pekins take 28. I figure by doing this then hatch day will be around the same day. Does this all sound good? I will continue to update this thread throughout incubation! :fl :)

@Isaac 0 @WVduckchick @shawluvsbirds
@Conan
Any input? You guys and countless others helped me so much last time with my little call duckling that was backwards.

Last edited:
What a cutie! He wants his sibling to join him!

Attachments

• 9F9CA9A6-CFDB-4E11-9EF8-0183738FFD19.jpeg
    9F9CA9A6-CFDB-4E11-9EF8-0183738FFD19.jpeg
    320.3 KB · Views: 13
  • C266B195-7A9C-4B8C-9E18-9416F5BD9193.jpeg
    C266B195-7A9C-4B8C-9E18-9416F5BD9193.jpeg
    307.8 KB · Views: 10
I have some terrible news. I really really need these eggs to hatch. My black bibbed call Splash was flying today and crashed when he came in for a landing. He broke his neck on impact and sadly passed away on the way to the vet. I can’t believe this happened. I have no words to express my sadness. He was my favorite and followed me everywhere. :hit:hit:hit
I am beyond sad and I really just need his ducklings to hatch.

Back
Top Bottom