Presenting the ..............coop! PHOTOS!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Qi Chicken, May 24, 2010.

1. Qi Chicken

Qi Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2009
    [​IMG]

It's done except for..................Took 7 weeks! The were very big and stinky by the time they got out there. I thought I thought of everything but I can already see things I would change. No porch paint on the roosts, use super glossy, put linoleum on the boardwalk to outside. And AIRCONDITIONING.....just kidding but I'm worried about them. It was 91 degrees in there today, they were panting and very unhappy. .............but here are some PHOTOS!!!! I'm proud of it! Thanks everyone for all your help, especially on the floor problem. I'll let you know how the concrete works out.

before..........

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Very very nice. The chickens look so comfortable there. Your crew(kids) look even happier. Most excellent coop - congratulations.

3. NoseyChickens

NoseyChickens Feathers On The Ground

Aug 3, 2009
    Southern California
    Wow it's huge! Any pics of the outside?

4. SuziQ991

SuziQ991 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2009
    Missouri
    Wow I love it, you should be very proud. I know your chickens are!

5. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    What a fantastic job! Wonderful!

6. Dogfish

Dogfish Rube Goldberg incarnate

Mar 17, 2010
    Western Washington
    One word.

Totally freakin' awsome!

7. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Super job!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] Your girls are lovin it, I can see that! And rightfully so! Love the pics. Your kids are adorable too! thanks for sharing.

8. Qi Chicken

Qi Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2009
    Pic of the outside! Still waiting for divine inspiration on the outside colors. We just painted our house and I am running short of ideas for the coop. I am on color overload. I think I'm going to go with a stain on the body of it and paint for trim colors. I have nightmares about primer now.

[​IMG]

I think I'll change out the windows to the old style where you can prop them open to prevent rain from coming in. These slide open and won't protect against that. DH is starting on the run tomorrow. His drawing looks great! We have tons of predators so we are hoping it works out. They need to go outside to get the breeze at least. Pretty hot here for may 95 today. Poor chickens. I'd never really seen their tongues before. That panting looks awful. I have 3 milk jugs in the freezer now and am getting DH on ice and fan duty for tomorrow. Lucky duck, he teaches so gets to stay home with the chickens. He probably doesn't see it quite that way! [​IMG]

9. Monk

Monk Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2009
    Very Nice!

10. Bantimna

Bantimna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    I'm in love with your coop [​IMG] Great Job! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by