Presidential Election - 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

MayberrySaint

Chillin' Out
12 Years
Mar 7, 2007
Mount Airy, NC
Hey everyone...as this is The Social Side forum, I thought I'd start a thread about the upcoming primaries and general election.
Who do you support and why?

I was a McCain supporter in 2000, but his stance on illegal immigration is a no-go for me. My favorite now is Bill Richardson, the Govenor of NM...he has been a UN Ambassador, Secretary of Energy and executive of a state. Very well qualified and moderate. Unfortunately he is stuck in the second tier of democrats behind Hillary, Obama and John Edwards.

PS Let's be civil...lol. We don't want the thread locked...
lol.png

I don't really like any of the candidates who are front runners, so I'll probably end up voting for whoever the Libertarians nominate. As for the primary...I won't have a choice since Indiana holds theirs in May and the primary races are essentially over by then. Sigh... We hold our general elections on one day-why can't we can't we all hold our primaries on the same day, too?

Up until this administration I have never felt the need to vote. But given the way things are going and the money that keeps being taken from my clients. I am finally going to exercise my right to vote and vote any party except republican. They keep taking from guys like mine and this section of our society will be starving.

This is a touchy subject. I've always felt it best not to discuss politics or religion unless it is with family or very close friends.
Even then it can be a difficult topic!!!
gig.gif

I'll say this much: I vote for the best, most logical person whom I believe will make for a stronger democracy and is earnestly focused on improving the infrastructure of the US.
Its time to tend to our own backyard.

And EVERYONE who is eligible to vote must get informed and vote, or
duc.gif
I just had this talk with a lady in Charlottesville while I was visiting my sister. She spent several minutes berating the government, taxes, etc, etc. THEN, she says "That's why I refuse to vote, it doesn't make any difference at all!" I tried to say that it did, but she reduced it to name-calling which really stung me.

OK, so that's my 2 cents worth...JMHO
wink.png

Last edited:
Ooooh, this is a tough one. The way things are now, it's scary to actually voice something like this. I don't wan't y'all to hate me!

I don't really have much confidence in any of these people. I would kind of lean toward Fred Thompson (I think that's his name), but I don't think he could win. I probably will vote for Giulliani, even though I don't agree with him on everything, but I like his past performance in some of the big areas.

Here's my soapbox speech to women who don't vote: A lot of good women suffered a lot of humiliation and slander, and gave of their time and money, to give you the freedom to vote. They were not considered worthy of that privilege, and were considered too dumb to vote. You owe it to them, to yourself, and to women of future generations to exercise your right to vote, even if you don't think it matters.

OK, I'm done now!
big_smile.png
Don't shoot me!

Last edited:
I would vote for Judge Judy! Nobody can get a lie or fib past her LOL!

OMG, that would be so funny! I love Judge Judy. And Dr. Laura. They refuse to put up with stupidity, and sure don't mind pointing it out!
smile.png

Quote:
lau.gif

As far as I'm concerned, anyone but Bush and his Republican administration. Anyone. Mainly because of Iraq and Afghanistan (and before anyone slams me, I don't support the war, but I do support the individual troops).

I have a serious contempt for anyone who doesn't vote when they have the right to and then complains about ANYTHING their government does. That's why I will be voting as soon as I am legal (another 2.5 years), probably unlike my friends.

I find it scary that more people vote for reality TV, such as Pop Idol and Big Brother than in political elections.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom