1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Presidents jobs council ends

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by hemet dennis, Jan 31, 2013.

1. hemet dennis

hemet dennis Chillin' With My Peeps

It seems the president has given up on jobs for Americans. Now he just wants to make more Americans.

2. James the Bald

James the Bald Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2013
    His "Jobs Councils" focused more on the election. Since he got his job, the council is dissolved.

Honestly though, when he passed the Stimulous Plan several years ago, the Federal Building where I work received funding to have energy efficient windows installed. I looked up the details of the work being done at an official government website, and according to the website, the "project" allegedly "created" 6 "jobs" for 3 local companies, providing an amount for materials and another amount for wages. It even listed the companies involved (according to the website, there was to be 18 workers on site). I began to wonder when I only saw 3 people working on the project, so I contacted each company to find out how many people they hired to do the job. Ironically, each construction manager informed me that they didn't "hire" any new people, but were required to send 1 worker for this project which was to be completed in 90 days. The project was said to have paid $125k in wages, but none of the managers would discuss wages. Somebody pocketed a lot of money, and the Inspector General never replied to my emails.

3. hemet dennis

hemet dennis Chillin' With My Peeps

4. Seyanophis

Seyanophis Out Of The Brooder

Jan 10, 2013
    Montana
    I think Americans gave up on jobs for Americans. Sending jobs to other countries...or some people who can get a job don't because they think the available work is beneath them.

5. bakerjw

bakerjw Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    Johnson City, Tn
    How to turn things around? Look for a "Made in America" tag. I was in Tractor supply with my son the other evening and we found some calf height rubber boots for $12.00. They were made in the USA so we bought 2 pairs. I will not buy work boots that are not made in the USA. When I buy them I contact the company that made them and let them know that the buying decision was based on country of manufacture.

The company my son works for just lost a big customer for their ice pack bags. The customer is now buying their base product from a Chinese company now.

I picked up a rug for the entry of our house at WalMart the other day. It was made in the USA as well.

ETA and the only shoes that I will buy are New Balance as they are the last to still make some of their shoes here in the USA.

I also found this website http://www.americansworking.com/ which is quite helpful.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by