Press Release #3

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Russo's Roost, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Russo's Roost

Russo's Roost Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2009
    Morrisville VT
    Russo’s Roost Gazette;

The saga continues, today we have a mystery on our hands and no one is cooperating with solving it.

We have an unidentified egg in the laying box, the only one box that has been used of the two that are there, even though they are identical. I was told it would happen that way but that’s not this mystery.

Who laid the golden egg? it’s a dull shade of gold but still in the gold family.
    When the egg was discovered about 10:15 AM Eastern Daylight Time there was no real evidence of who the culprit was that left us this present.
    I first questioned Tinkerbelle the wonder chick if it was her, looking back at me with her Sherlock Holmes hat and puffing on her pipe she said to me in a kind of Humphrey Bogart voice “I’ll never tell and you can’t make me” which led me to believe she knew something.
    When I questioned BB (Big Boy) he replied, “There’s more to keeping the girls happy then what meets the eye so to speak” with that all knowing look on his face, I knew I was wasting my time expecting any pertinent information from him. I turned my attention to the other 2 most likely suspects, Haley and Cybil, they were over in their corner of the pen pulling on opposite ends of a worm and unwilling to let go to answer my questioning. I sort of ruled them out figuring if it had been one of them they would be bragging about their accomplishment as it would be a first for either one of them and they could join Tinkerbelle the wonder chick and her side kick Blondie on the roost of distinction.
    When asked, Blondie replied “I’m sticking with my new best friend Tinkerbelle the wonder chick” and then she did that key in the mouth thing and threw the imaginary key over her tail. Drat, nothing to be gained here.
    Now the only one left is Brigitte and her answer to me was “Je ne parle pas anglais” (I do not speak English, in French). Luckily for me that’s all the French I understand.
    Thinking back, I now have two mysteries to solve, the egg thing and did she say she doesn’t speak English or EGGlish

That's all for now from our little chicken farm nestled between 2 mountain ranges in North Central Vermont. USA

2. tryingtohaveitall

tryingtohaveitall Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2009
    SW Ohio
    LOL, too funny. I hope you solve your mystery soon. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by