Preteen and her question on Chickens.....funny

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Nacho Chicken Mine, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Nacho Chicken Mine

Nacho Chicken Mine Out Of The Brooder

Jun 3, 2011
    We have a small flock of Mottled Java's including a cockrel. Our pen is at the end of our barn in what use to be one side of the wash rack. One day while I was inside the barn cleaning the stalls, my daughter (12 yrs old) was outside in the coop with her chickens. I did not see what she was doing as she goes back and forth to the house and barn.
    As I clean the stall I hear my daughter yell out a question "Can chickens have nuts". Without walking out to answer her I loudly say back "Internally". She gives me a disgusted "What" to which I reply "yes, the boys have them internally"
    Now, at this point she has come out of the chicken pen and is in the barn at the stall I am currently cleaning and has me look at her, she then opens her hand and shows me the trail mix she was eating that contained peanuts.
    We both broke out into hysterical laughter at this point ........[​IMG]
    I learned that day to go look before answering her on any questions that sounded "ify"

Nacho Chicken Mine

2. TheRookie

TheRookie Chillin' With My Peeps

Haha sounds like something that happens quite regularly around here too

3. GardenGal

GardenGal Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    Western WA
    Oh man, that hit my funny bone!!! Thanks for sharing :D

4. ange92040

ange92040 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2012
    Lockhart, TX

[​IMG] [​IMG]

5. greenhound

greenhound New Egg

Feb 10, 2007
    This story was even funnier to hear in person.She started telling me the story and I went exactally where the Mom went. Living the counrty life with children makes you very honest about a birds and bees question. LOL it was sooo not that kind of question.
    Glenna

6. nikka77

nikka77 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 30, 2012
    This so funny, tears rolling down my face. This is something that I would have done

7. RedIII

RedIII Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2011
    Tooele, Utah
    I've totally had situations like this before. Way funny, glad I'm not the only one that oopses and gives an alternate answer......I won't say a "wrong" answer, because the asker never clarifies what they mean!

8. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG] That was great!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by